Halo Info Needed

• I'm in need of some info on how halos are sized. I've been trying to research but not having much luck. I've seen adds that say they fit the sling but don't give a size, some are listed by size saying 70 mm, 80mm,90 mm,100mm . I no longer have stock outboard lights so I want actual measurements. My question is if it says for instance 100 mm is this ID or OD ? Also how wide are they? This may change with brand, but many are listed in 10 mm increments leading me to think 5 mm wide,is that correct? My main concern is getting the ID correct but haven't seen a single add saying what the actual ID is. I know a lot of you are running these so does anyone know the answers I seek? I thank you in advance for your time and replys.

• Our head lights are two different sizes....

I think what Bigdog was trying to say...

With two dollars and twenty five cents and his info, you could get a cup of coffee.

Although, I don't know how divulging that information would you get a cup of coffee.

Most LED halos are measured inside diameter by width of mounting base.

Depending on the look that you wish to achieve and the mounting surface, you select size.

For the Slingshot, commonly 80mm and 100mm will work.

80mm will mount directly to the headlight case at the edge of the projector beam glass. Normally, 80mm would be used on the nose center lights. However, with the 80mm being mounted tight against the glass lens, you lose the halo effect when headlights are in use.

100mm can be used in both outside and center nose positions. With headlights in use, you will get the halo effect. The 100mm on the outside lights will mount to the light fairings.

And for the OCD crowd...

Your headlights are not mounted dead center of the headlight fairings and you are going to notice this when you install halos.

That "LOOK AT ME WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU!" feeling.

Using the 100mm on the center nose lights will work but takes a little extra effort. In this position the halos will mount on the base frame of the light with the metal cone and glass lens protruding through the light ring. Also to note, since the nose cone fairing partially obscures the center lights, it will do the same for the halos.

Just my observations...

Doesn't make me a jeanyas.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Thanks for the info airoutlaw , not sure if I'm going to try singles or doubles ( that didn't sound right) I've changed out stock lights and trying to figure out what's possible :/

Don't mind the bugs, I was riding today---- I think you can see why I wanted actual measurements. I measure the OD of the light case @ 88 mm . I have the option of the plastic fairing or light case or glass lenses. I think the latter will block some light. I had to relieve the inner opening in the plastic fairing slightly but looks like 100 mm will still fit .

I'll update when I get done but it might be a while, I hear Lite the Nite has new halos coming soon.;)

• Thanks for the info airoutlaw , not sure if I'm going to try singles or doubles ( that didn't sound right) I've changed out stock lights and trying to figure out what's possible :/

Don't mind the bugs, I was riding today---- I think you can see why I wanted actual measurements. I measure the OD of the light case @ 88 mm . I have the option of the plastic fairing or light case or glass lenses. I think the latter will block some light. I had to relieve the inner opening in the plastic fairing slightly but looks like 100 mm will still fit .

I'll update when I get done but it might be a while, I hear Lite the Nite has new halos coming soon.;)

Well, now I see, DER !

Your modified lights don't apply to stock configuration.

Mounting halos on the forward rims of your lights would negate the halo effect and then what to do with the wire leads.

And as you said, mounting to the light fairing will obscure parts of the halo depending on from direction viewed.

One option would be to build a sleeve, collar, or a flange to your protruded lights to mount the halos to and use that to hide the wire leads.

Just thinking out loud...

Or, slap on a set of eyebrow LED's and red paint the forward and outer edge protrusions of your lights down to the first groove.

You got this...

• thanks for the reply, always good to hear others suggestions

• The plastic housing on your SS has a 100mm OD. The lights OD look to be 90mm... grab a cheap micrometer to test to be sure.

Not sure my previous posts were clear but I was trying to say that on my 16.5 the opening for Canadian light and US light is not the same. You are correct about US opening size but Canadian opening is slightly smaller. It had to be enlarged to accommodate the light. As for my measurements above I'm confident they are accurate.

Still have these from days gone by as QC in exhaust manufacturing plant.

• FYI

The halos slingmods sells in their kit are two different size. One mounts directly to the center lens and the big one mount on the outer plastic ring for the outside lights.

You could probably use 4 halos of the same size and do the outside lights right next to the bulb lens.

• Following... Since DER and I have about the same headlight setup... 😉

it's been a while...Time to update y'all. Got my halos finished, I made collars to go around the lights and mounted the halos to those. Also added a second fuse block powered by a second battery to connect the halos to. My wife started this by wanting a few lights. We now have halos, two underglow kits, and wheel lights. Hope I can get thru the season without needing to add more.

MiM if you want more details feel free to PM me 8o

• it's been a while...Time to update y'all. Got my halos finished, I made collars to go around the lights and mounted the halos to those. Also added a second fuse block powered by a second battery to connect the halos to. My wife started this by wanting a few lights. We now have halos, two underglow kits, and wheel lights. Hope I can get thru the season without needing to add more.

MiM if you want more details feel free to PM me 8o

Excellent halo effect on those outer lamps!