OEM Batteries and how long are they good for?

• there are just so many variables, everything from how the Slingshot is used, what if any aftermarket electronics are installed and as I said above even the ambient temperatures the battery is exposed to.

A battery that last 2 years in one Slingshot might last much longer or much shorter in another.

Like I said above I have been told by both auto dealers and auto parts stores that here in the desert the average life of a battery is 2 years and I have also been told that because of our extreme temperatures that even the best high end batteries dont do any better

the one great thing is if you can find a battery with a 2 year full replacement warranty - get one of that has that and there is a very good chance you will be getting a free battery every 2 years. my brother in law has a 1995 hummer/hummvee - the military kind not the fake GM one. It is a diesel and uses 2 batteries and it eats them. every 2 years the batteries die as if on cue and its always just before the 2 year warranty runs out. he has been getting free batteries for as long as I can remember

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• My 2018 lasted 14 months. Always on the battery tender when sitting for more than a few days. I don't have any extra lights or stereo system taking extra power, changed all the lights to led's. Started getting iffy to start, dealer wanted to replace it with the same battery that has no warranty-really! Going down the optima path as that seems to give fewer problems. BTW, my 2016 that I traded still has the original battery and going strong. Not sure why these are not warranted for at least 2 years.

• My 2018 lasted 14 months. Always on the battery tender when sitting for more than a few days. I don't have any extra lights or stereo system taking extra power, changed all the lights to led's. Started getting iffy to start, dealer wanted to replace it with the same battery that has no warranty-really! Going down the optima path as that seems to give fewer problems. BTW, my 2016 that I traded still has the original battery and going strong. Not sure why these are not warranted for at least 2 years.

next battery I plan on getting this Duracell Ultra AGM - it has a full 24 month free replacement warranty and will fit right in my 2016 or any slingshot up through 2019 without any need for a special tray - - Duracell Ultra AGM

• next battery I plan on getting this Duracell Ultra AGM - it has a full 24 month free replacement warranty and will fit right in my 2016 or any slingshot up through 2019 without any need for a special tray - - Duracell Ultra AGM

Sam's club has that battery(with 48months replacement) for $93.99 after core return.

Also Costco has interstate agms for around the same price also 48 months return last I checked.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Sam's club has that battery(with 48months replacement) for $93.99 after core return.

Also Costco has interstate agms for around the same price also 48 months return last I checked.

is the 48 months prorated? - - the 24 months in the link I provided is not - it is full replacement.

edit - I just searched the Sams Club site and I cant find the Duracell Ultra - - do you have a link?

• next battery I plan on getting this Duracell Ultra AGM - it has a full 24 month free replacement warranty and will fit right in my 2016 or any slingshot up through 2019 without any need for a special tray - - Duracell Ultra AGM

as a side note one of the reasons why this battery from this source will most likely be my next battery is because this store, Batteries & Bulbs, has a location right here in Palm Desert that seems to always have the battery in stock - If history repeats I most likely will find out my battery needs to be replaced when my Slingshot suddenly wont start - having a place near by where I can just run over and pick up a new battery will be much better under these circumstances than having to order a replacement

• is the 48 months prorated? - - the 24 months in the link I provided is not - it is full replacement.

edit - I just searched the Sams Club site and I cant find the Duracell Ultra - - do you have a link?

costco and sams don't do prorated, if you have an issue you just return it for a full refund no questions or test asked/performed.

they don't have an accurate website that shows the items so you will have to go to your local one and check them out.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• For the size of this guy, this will likely be the battery going on my slingshot, as soon as I get a mount for it, Ahem slinglow :)

https://4xspower.com/shop/12v-agm/d-series/d925/

can be bought at https://www.summitracing.com/tx/parts/xsp-d925/overview/

Has a 3 year warranty, per the manufacturer, I don't know if Summit offers better. The size of this battery vs the cranking amps is great. It's smaller and lighter than any optima or any other, minus higher dollar racing batteries. They also offer adapters to have standard posts on them or other types of connectors. 2000 max amps is impressive.

• Even though I will never buy an optima battery again, my experience buying it from amazon was good, when they sent me a free replacement. So I’m considering buying a new battery for my truck from them.

I'm a big fan of Amazon and their customer service for their prime members is top notch, today. A battery is something I don't want to gamble with. I think I posted in the big battery thread about my conversation with them about warrantee on batteries. Their policy is 30 days, after that, its discretionary on replacement. This makes me nervous buying something like the XS I posted about above, I don't have a local place to return a battery like that, and I'm not going to gamble on Amazon sticking to their great service, especially on something heavy like a battery in 2 to 3 years if it fails.

I was considering an AC/Delco from them, but then found a loop hole in AC/Delco's warranty paperwork, saying you can take it to ANY authorized AC/Delco seller for warranty, not just where you bought it. My local O'Reilly carries them, as well as the GM shop here in town. I've put in a request to Summit to ask them about warranty replacement of the battery, to see what they say. Not quite local to me, but I'm in Dallas frequent enough to save shipping a battery at my cost for warranty.

• I'm a big fan of Amazon and their customer service for their prime members is top notch, today. A battery is something I don't want to gamble with. I think I posted in the big battery thread about my conversation with them about warrantee on batteries. Their policy is 30 days, after that, its discretionary on replacement. This makes me nervous buying something like the XS I posted about above, I don't have a local place to return a battery like that, and I'm not going to gamble on Amazon sticking to their great service, especially on something heavy like a battery in 2 to 3 years if it fails.

I was considering an AC/Delco from them, but then found a loop hole in AC/Delco's warranty paperwork, saying you can take it to ANY authorized AC/Delco seller for warranty, not just where you bought it. My local O'Reilly carries them, as well as the GM shop here in town. I've put in a request to Summit to ask them about warranty replacement of the battery, to see what they say. Not quite local to me, but I'm in Dallas frequent enough to save shipping a battery at my cost for warranty.

When I dealt with them for the optima replacement battery......they do not want the old battery sent back to them...it’s a hazmat issue they don’t want to have. And I’m not a prime member.....but their replacement policy on this might have changed.....

That said.....maybe if I had to claim another battery that failed before the warranty ended....they might not believe me...

Ac delco should be available at every GM car dealer...especially if it’s in a GM vehicle. We have a GM motor..

• Seems like a lot of over thinking going on about battery's...:rolleyes:

Its almost like an Oil tread on a Motorcycle forum....:rolleyes:...

We’ve debated every subject, including oil. Valvoline synthetic and mobil one and about neck and neck. I’ve decided on valvoline for my Vehicles. Regular synthetic for the low mileage ones and high mileage synthetic formula for the ones with over 75,000 miles. And I only use K&N filters.

This is pretty interesting battery info....

http://jgdarden.com/batteryfaq/batbrand.htm