OEM Batteries and how long are they good for?

• ||I read somewhere thru this thread that older slings had full size batteries? and we unfortunate ones? maybe? with the newer models have been reduced to motorcycle batteries? yet running all the same equipment? lol anyway, mine died, it sux and now I have to get a new one. ugh. lol.

• ||I read somewhere thru this thread that older slings had full size batteries? and we unfortunate ones? maybe? with the newer models have been reduced to motorcycle batteries? yet running all the same equipment? lol anyway, mine died, it sux and now I have to get a new one. ugh. lol.

I have one of the Motorcycle batteries in mine. Haven't had any issues. I think some people are doing some bad wiring when it comes to Stereos and other electronic components and they are having a constant draw on their power, shortening the life of their batteries.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• Another factor is how old the battery is when you get it. It could have been sitting in a showroom for up to a year, on a warehouse shelf for months before that, and on a slow boat from China for weeks or months before that. Like wokka says, they die and you replace them. My smurf battery only lasted about a year with no electrical mods at all, while I got 9 years out of my motorcycle size Yuasa OEM tractor battery that never saw a tender. Meanwhile I just replaced a '13 and '14 battery in my diesel truck (the '13 battery was still good) and a '12 battery in my excavator that sits in an off-grid shop all winter with no tender ($540 total for the 3!). Next up is the deep cycle battery in my camper which I will replace with a Canadian made Rolls battery for $170. At the end of the day it is what it is. It's part of the cost of ownership.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• well I did as was suggested when this first started out and took the volt meter and checked my system. there was no draw on the battery. I had my radio system installed about a month after or sooner of buying my slingshot. and here I am 2 years later needing a new one. as everyone stated, some batteries just suck ass lol. I am going to find a deep cycle AGM motorcycle battery, today if I am lucky, and replace it. embracing the suck lol

• Here's an interesting tidbit: the battery from my Polaris Sportsman 700 ($105) fits the Sling perfectly and I've been running it in the Sling for 3 months with no issues. 700 cc's vs. 2,384. Go figure!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• well I did as was suggested when this first started out and took the volt meter and checked my system. there was no draw on the battery. I had my radio system installed about a month after or sooner of buying my slingshot. and here I am 2 years later needing a new one. as everyone stated, some batteries just suck ass lol. I am going to find a deep cycle AGM motorcycle battery, today if I am lucky, and replace it. embracing the suck lol

Polaris admits the slingshot has a phantom battery draw down. Or they could be talking about a battery’s natural tendency to lose voltage from not being charged. That’s why all the dealers push a battery tender.....it keeps Polaris from replacing them under warranty.

• that just plain sucks, I have put in the research that is for sure. it is said that you should have 1 CCA for every cubic inch of the displacement and the ecotech 2.4L has 145 CI. so anything with CCA higher than that is acceptable. Advance auto has an AGM same size as the one currently in the 2017 base model with a CCA of 385. and it is $149. only has a 90 replacement warranty though lol.

• Pee pee battery has a pee pee warranty....it’s not worth anything.

Put a real battery in it and forget it.

I’m researching now to find a replacement for my pickup truck. In the last 5 or so years everything changed in battery manufacturing. It’s not like the old days.

• This is the reason for the dealer recommending a battery tender when not in use....it took me a while to find this again....

There is always a slight battery drain going on.......

another interesting note....under 750 RPM the system is at negative charge...meaning the battery is not being charged...because the alternator isn’t turning fast enough....it’s getting some charge but not enough to replace what’s being used....