Where is the Stock Radio Antenna Located?

• Can anyone advise where the current stock radio antenna is located? I have a 2018 GT.

Yes, I have poor reception as well, and plan to add a ferrite core to the feed line to reduce interference. As a ham radio operator / technician, I have access to all sorts of RF test equipment so I am going to attack this issue from a technical standpoint.

Thanks in Advance!

Bill

• so if I remove the rear brake light can I see the antenna?

sorry but I'm not the guy to answer that. I've seen slings with the rear deck removed to know the location but not sure about access from brake light. There are others whom I'm sure have your answer, perhaps rabtech or Painter could chime in. I'm sure one of them would know easiest way to access. Anyone else who knows please reply.

• Yes, antenna is in the tail but removing the brake light will let you touch the antenna but not give access to remove it.

You would have to remove the deck to access mounts as they are located center between seat belt retractors.

• Yes, antenna is in the tail but removing the brake light will let you touch the antenna but not give access to remove it.

You would have to remove the deck to access mounts as they are located center between seat belt retractors.

thanks Jim , I knew you'd have the answer!

• since you plan on approaching this from a technical standpoint I have some information you might find helpful. I have a 2016 SL and the radio reception has always left a great deal to be desired, signals fading in and out in places where it has never been an issue in other vehicles and a great deal of static. It was to the point where I usually streamed music off of my phone using Pandora or from a thumb drive plugged into the USB port. Some time back there was a recall on the back up camera and in the notice they said it could cause a fire. I dont really use the back up camera anyway and I haven't felt like spending a day to take it to the dealer so I decided to simply unplug the backup camera back under the fin until I get around to taking it in for service.

anyway ever since I disconnected the camera the radio reception is a thousand times better, without realizing it the radio mode switched from the USB to the radio and I drove for months without even thinking about it, it wasnt until there was a "radio" post here like this one that I suddenly noticed that I hadnt been noticing any reception problems.

so you may want to check that out - it could just be a coincidence or perhaps there is something in the camera circuit and the wires running right next to the antenna that interferes with the radio

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies