Map sensor location

• I'm installing my Innovate SCG-1 boost controller and the included map sensor says it should be mounted where the vacuum line is at the bottom, needs to be away from heat, etc. Just looking for ideas on where to install this thing from others who have installed it.

I know I could call Dave, and I'm waiting on a call back from him on something else, didn't want to bug him a 2nd time if he's busy.

Plus the heat has gotten high in the shop and I'm going to wait until this evening to finish installing.

Pics if you have them :)

• There's an unused manifold hose bib covered with a vacuum cap on the stock manifold. These can be used for BOV's or anything needing manifold pressure. I've attached a pic with it circled in red below.

• I WOULD check with Dave (not for the location, but why the need to replace the map sensor). if I'm not mistaken, didn't you just have a s/c installed in Maggie Valley this year? if so, he probably installed a 2 bar map sensor and Bob's tune is programmed for that. if you're replacing that map senbsor with a one bar map sensor, I'm sure you'll be asking for issues with the fuel tables being less than desirable. Of course the new map sensor could be a 2 bar sensor anyway, so there's no need to replace it. And as a side note, even if it is a 2 bar map sensor, I wouldn't use it if it's not a GM part.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• There's a nice cool place to the left of the steering column with nice holes through the firewall for wire bundles or tubing.

The holes in the firewall are behind the instrument cluster. You can easily see the routing path from the engine compartment by placing a flashlight up behind the instrument cluster.

This location stays nice and cool. If your boost controller has buttons for quick-spooling or boost defeat, you'll be able to reach them from your seat. This is the closest "cool" location to the intake manifold -- so you can keep your vacuum sense line as short as possible.