Need prayers for my son please

• I am in desperate need of all the prayers I can get for my son. He is in critical care with a failing liver and kidneys that are not working at this time. His brain is swollen and he is bleeding internally. If he makes it through this he has less than a 50% chance of living 3 months. He is not a candidate for a transplant. He is an alcoholic and only 32 years old. I know he did this to himself despite all the begging, pleading and anger I have used to try to get him into treatment but I can't not keep trying anything that may help him. I am praying for a miracle for him and our family. So sorry to be a downer but I will do anything to try and save him. Thank you in advance for your thoughts and prayers. I may be away from here for a bit but I will be back.

• Randy, words can't express our feelings reading this. There's never a good time to go, but 32 is WAY too soon. He's getting all the medical attention he can get and he's still breathing, so there is still hope. He's in our prayers

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I know he did this to himself despite all the begging, pleading and anger I have used to try to get him into treatment but I can't not keep trying anything that may help him.

🙏🏼

I held off in my response because I wanted to be prayerful first and say something that perhaps would actually be helpful. Hope so here goes..

For those of us that have had a loved one go though this or are going through this I hope my 2 cents worth is seen as helpful not preaching... first off - yes, our prayers are with you- trust me they are. You have put this in Gods hands and that is where it should be.

Second - do not blame yourself or feel guilty in any way. Alcoholism is an insidious addiction/disease. There is absolutely nothing you can do or say that will influence them. God will turn this tragic time for you into something good - wait for it - it will happen. All the best to you and your family.

For others who have loved ones in the earlier stages of this tragic disease I can only offer this. And it is a hard one that I had to learn. There is only one thing you can do. Be ready with a plan to get them in treatment should the moment come when they hit bottom and ASK for help. Should this moment happen it is a short window of opportunity and you must be ready. It is your only moment/chance when you can help.

As exharleyrider so aptly said above and he is absolutely correct and I truly feel for you because there is nothing more you could have done. "despite all the begging, pleading and anger I have used to try to get him into treatment"

My hope is that exharleyrider your bravery in posting this will in someway help others - I am sure it will/has.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

Edited once, last by SoCal ().

• Rode down that road when I was a younger man. Threw on the brakes and haven't had a drink in twenty-six years. Mother & Father both pleaded with me to stop but had to do it on my own. I'm almost sixty- five now and I know miracles can and do happen.

Keep praying and my prayers are with you and your family.