Popping in the header/ tranny end cap off

• I downshifted too hard and the the thing started popping in the pipes and I heard a sound like a bell ringing. Turns out the e tranny end cap came off and is dingling around . I assume this is the tranny end seal cover. Question; how do I go about putting it back on? Can I just use a hammer and punch? Any tricks to finding the exhaust leak?

• For the exhaust leak you can buy a sniffer pretty cheap on ebay. Or you might be able to find it by using a incense stick around joints when running. Or you can plug the intake at the throttle body, put a test plug in the tail pipe, air it up and then use the incense stick.

Most likely a gasket so there is where I would start.

LC

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0…Fulk%2Fitm%2F192620316851

• CAUTION: protect your hands from getting burnt from the heat. One of the old time ways of finding an exhaust leak is the easiest, cheapest and most reliable. Take a wet rag or two and a good pair of insulated gloves. With the engine running at idle, use the wet rag (wet it good to give you a few extra seconds before the rag gets too hot to touch) cover the end of the exhaust thus creating a lot of back pressure. If you have a leak, you will surely hear it and hopefully find it before the heat gets too hot to handle.

Good luck

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE