Eureka Springs 2019

• Proof Danger Darrel was keeping it slow VIDEO BELOW, I want to thank Darrel and Chevy2 for stepping up and taking lead so everyone that wanted to ride could. I know it was killing Darrel to keep it slow but he did good. As much as I wanted to fly we needed to keep the big group together. And I might add as for the comment about 100 on the interstate which it would not have bothered me we only was doing a nice cruse of 80. The majority wanted to get back in time for the drawing so Chevy2 told them was was taking quickest rout. I guess we was the only 2 that wanted to make it in time. I won nothing but it was a nice ride back, at least I wasnt falling asleep like I was on the way to lamberts, the wife kept punching me to wake up.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• Nice vid, what road was that?

You will have to ask Darrel I just follow and have no idea where I was. I went back and looked at the video and the sign said 74 youtube degraded my video those MF.

• Well made it back today at 1210 Put 2118 miles on SS total round trip and rides.

Had a super time at the Barnes. About the event will have to say has been a lot better years back.

EjFord , I am not riding the pig trail again, first with church bus, second with eighteen wheeler, third with 5 inches of rain. This time it was a winery van, which did pull over, then on way back logging truck with trailer that was going maybe 5 to 10 mph, he also pulled over after a while. All this on a brand new surface on road.

Keep Three Wheels Down

• other things got to meet a few people from forum, some briefly but just needed more time. Enjoying all pics from all of you. Letā€™s get together and ride the kerrville hill country in early November

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Boomer - the Pig Trail can be hit or miss for traffic - when I came up it Sat morning, it was wide open. When I headed home on Sunday, I was following two cars that only knew how to use their brake pedals all the way down.

• [quote='Boomer','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/8259-eureka-springs-2019/&postID=283483#post283483']

Also I got a lot of compliments on my new power. You know I have no turbo or supercharger but one guy at gas station did ask if it went in water .slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/100206/

[/quote]

Just about got a real closeup view after we flew around that log truck. I was hitting 120 and you was slowing down lol. The guy in the orange SS about got smashed between us. Cool guy wish I could remember names.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Or it was the 18 wheeler that was taking curves at 60mph. He was driving faster than some SS in our group LMAO

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

I have to say that truck driver was doing a great job and did not hit his brakes. I wonder if FunCycle was driving or coaching him. One hell of a truck driver

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Proof Danger Darrel was keeping it slow VIDEO BELOW, I want to thank Darrel and Chevy2 for stepping up and taking lead so everyone that wanted to ride could. I know it was killing Darrel to keep it slow but he did good. As much as I wanted to fly we needed to keep the big group together. And I might add as for the comment about 100 on the interstate which it would not have bothered me we only was doing a nice cruse of 80. The majority wanted to get back in time for the drawing so Chevy2 told them was was taking quickest rout. I guess we was the only 2 that wanted to make it in time. I won nothing but it was a nice ride back, at least I wasnt falling asleep like I was on the way to lamberts, the wife kept punching me to wake up.

Look, I'm not going to argue this because I wasn't even on that ride and quite frankly I could care less. All I know is what I heard and what I was told Saturday night. One of the guys I was speaking with was even asked if he "could find his way back to Eureka Springs from Lambert's". Did the group split after Lambert's?

:SLRSS:

S O G Member

Oklahoma

Slingshot

Riders

• My name is Chris Havey (hence the id) and I led the 2nd group through the Peels Ferry/Lamberts ride. I did not want to lead the ride, told multiple people I would not lead the ride, then because people kept asking, I reluctantly agreed to lead the ride. I personally put a map of the route on every single drivers seat of the slingshots that started that route to make sure everyone knew where we were going.

On the way out there, I made sure to slow down when anyone got caught behind a light and when we made turns to make sure everyone stayed together. A person at the end of the line was texting me letting me know what was happening and we didn't lose a single person on the way out.

At Lamberts, lunch took quite long (2-1/2 hrs), finishing just about 4:00pm. When we completed I was asked by MULTIPLE people (more than 3) if we would make it back in time for the raffle, scheduled for 5:00pm. Given that we were 1-1/2 hrs away from Eureka Springs, I didn't think so. But again, I personally went to all 10 Slingshots, told them what was happening, that we would be "booking it" to get back in time for the raffle, and I was the one that asked everyone if they knew how to get back to Eureka Springs in case they didn't want to "book it". I told them they were free to do whatever they wanted, making sure they had a map back. We pulled out as a single group, I got on the freeway, waited in the slow lane to make sure everyone got on as a single group.

And then I booked it. Yes, I was admittedly doing 80-90 mph (claims that I was doing 100mph are greatly exaggerated, thank you). I was also scanning every single on and off ramp for police and slowed down around traffic (did have 1 scare). I did not change lanes unless we absolutely had to ( Chain can confirm that) but we did get back in time for the Raffle. Unfortunately, Chain was the only one who was still with me at that time.

I understand that I cannot make everyone happy. Heck I received complaints that I drove both too slow and too fast ON THE SAME RIDE. But to say that anyone got left behind is inaccurate. I am not bothered if some did or did not like what I did, but please make sure we at least judge on accurate information.

• I understand how it goes chavey2. I had refused to lead a ride and then got pulled in too. I wasnā€™t even in Eureka. Ended up leading a ride on a route I had never been on even though I live in Rogers and have driven most of the roads through the hills In my 35 years here.

GPS in the hills is often not usable and will tell you to make turns onto dirt roads that start out paved. We compared 6 GPS units at one point and all 6 were different or just quit.

About a third of any large group ride will be happy no matter what happens because they are getting to see an area they havenā€™t seen before and are just enjoying the ride. Another portion will complain about going too slow and the final people will complain about going too fast.

In my 4 years of going to rallyā€™s itā€™s always the same. Doesnā€™t matter if you are leading or riding along in a group.

I prefer to just go to the rallies to see old friends, meet new friends, and get with a small number (4-8) who want to ride aggressively in areas we can be reasonably certain we wonā€™t have major incidents.

• I was asked to lead a ride and reluctantly agreed if no one else could be found. I can get to Eureka Springs but thatā€™s about all I know about the area. Lucky for me dangerdarrell bailed me out and agreed to lead the ride. I am with dangerdarrell - no one wants to lead any of these big rides because it is a major pain in the ass. In my opinion having been to MANY rallies all over the country groups should not exceed 8 - 10 Slingshots. Detailed maps should be provided and let the riders get into groups on their own based on how aggressively they want to set the pace. When you get 20 - 30 Slingshots on a ride it is almost impossible to keep everybody together and somebody will be going too fast or too slow resulting in an unpleasant ride for many. Remember - almost any ride leader is not begging for the job - everyone should be grateful and not critical.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Thanks All,

Yeah, I'm not upset that you liked or didn't like what I did do. It's when I hear people complaining about stuff I DIDN'T do that's the problem.

I agree about having too many in one group. I agree that it needs to be kept small. Too hard to get through congested areas and through lights when it gets too big. I recognized the issue when 20+ Slingshots got in line to go over the ferry that I had been on the day before and knew could only take 12 SS at a time (turns out, the way the guy packed us in there, they could have done 18 SS, but that's another story). Heck, I didn't even want to go to Lamberts and told everyone I was gonna take a different route after the ferry. But I went against my wishes and went with the desires of the group instead, giving up what I wanted to do.

• Bless your heart. I learned exactly what happened to you first hand. I had someone walk up to me after a ride and say, " I know why you put the motorcycles in the back, you go to fast for a motorcycle to keep up!!!!" My question was, " Are you serious?" . His wife replied, "once we got up to 73 we just slowed and and decided we were not getting killed". I said, " I never once did 73" She said, " I know you went right past 73". The speed limit was 55 and I never once went over 60. What I learned was it was the accordion effect. There were ten or twelve Slings in my group. Everybody else felt like the pace was great.

Slingshot owners are like my customers. I can make 95% of them happy 100% of the time. The other 5% would complain about a winning lottery ticket if it wasn't torn off properly.:D:D

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!