Venting.....

• I ordered and paid in full for the Thermal R&D Ceramic Coated Dual Rear Exit Touring Exhaust System from https://www.slingmods.com/ through my dealer around the end of July, 2019.

The dealership has been getting nothing but a run-around from SlingMods on when they actually expect to get the exhaust.

We were told that all parts would be delivered by the 15th of August, then after not getting them - it was delayed until the end of August.....

After the call today - SlingMods is now telling them - they can't get anything from R&D until the end of September at the latest (maybe).

As I look on their site - they started offering the new Thermal R&D Ceramic Coated Dual Rear Exit Sport Exhaust System in the beginning of August.....

My dealership is attempting to reach out to R&D directly - to see what the hell is actually going on.

I am super frustrated because I feel like SlingMods is lacking a ton of communication and customer support - and I am debating on asking for a full refund and shopping elsewhere.

I am sharing this for a few reasons - but mainly to see if this is a common issue with this site, or if others have ordered this exhaust and are also going through this hell.

I really don't think anyone should be waiting over 2 months for a product - that the website shows as available!

:cursing::cursing::thumbdown::thumbdown::cursing::cursing:

.::. Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it .::.

• I have ordered many things from Slingmods and I have never had any issue. Only thing I ever ordered that was not shipped immediately were my JRI coilovers and those are made to order so I knew it would take some time

I have never ordered anything that was a pre-order, but I suspect that the issue is with R&D and the slingmods folks might be just as miffed as you are

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I would assume there is an issue with fulfillment from the vendor because when I click on your new link now it shows this.

*** PRE-ORDER - FIRST BATCH EXPECTED TO SHIP LATE SEPTEMBER ***

I understand your frustration, but I too have bought thousands of dollars worth of product from Slingmods with no issues so don't let this one experience spoil you from further shopping with them.

Just my .02

• It is frustrating to have to wait for orders. In all fairness you should have all the facts before posting negative about a vendor. I have two slingshots and have been buying mods since the end of 2014 and many from slingmods. I have not witnessed any issues that they haven’t gone out of their way to correct. Was this a pre- order to start with? Did you personally call and speak to Josh or any manager at slingmods? There are a lot of unknowns here in this posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• As I stated above - the Dealership is dealing with them - and telling me what is happening.

I have bought a couple things form them in the past and they were great to work with.

I am only frustrated about having to wait this long, with what I am being told is a lack of communication from SlingMods to the dealership.

By lack of communication - I mean the dealership has to keep calling them to ask where the product is multiple times - and gets different answers each time. As stated above

We were told that all parts would be delivered by the 15th of August, then after not getting them - it was delayed until the end of August.....

After the call today - SlingMods is now telling them - they can't get anything from R&D until the end of September at the latest (maybe).

Their site does now reflect PRE-ORDER - NEXT BATCH EXPECTED TO SHIP END OF AUGUST - but did not when we ordered.

I am not here to blame - as the title in the post says - I am venting.

I understand this might be out of the control of SlingMods and might be that R&D is short on inventory - but again - I work in a profession where communication is key to keeping customers and I just would like to know the status of the product the 1st time around.
    Also - waiting sux - but please understand - I am NOT mad at SlingMods - just frustrated at the details of communication when it started a month ago.

.::. Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it .::.

• I have a similar issue but it is not Slingmods fault. I ordered a Madstad Winshield and it says 5 to 7 days for shipping... Madstad says 7 to 10 days shipping. I ordered about two weeks ago and contacted Slingmods. They were extremely helpful and told me that Madstad should be shipping out my order today... Again, they sell products from other companies and really have no control over when the manufacture ships the product.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• I’ve had things I had to wait for.....some were pre-order items...meaning it could take a while....most times these things are made to order.....

Sounds like this exhaust system is a brand new item.....I’m betting the vender has supply issues or maybe something needed redesigned....causing a shipping delay. I’m sure . Slingmods is not the problem....

My suggestion is next time make sure you have the ordered item before scheduling installation. Dealer slingshot repair time is at a premium....due to lack of qualified mechanics...

• A lot of our items for the slingshot are made to order, the manufacturer just doesn't sell enough to stock them. I don't know if that's the case with this, but I suspect it.

Our vendors should have that info on the website when you order, and some do, but not all. I didn't look at the slingmods page to check, so take my statements as you like :)

Good luck with it

• Seems to be some confusion here. OP said the rear "TOURING" rear R&D pipes. On slingmods site it says end of Aug (tomorrow). The "SPORT" rear R&D pipes say end of Sept. I've bought a lot from them also but I'm still waiting on a part that says end of Aug. I doubt I'm getting it shipped tomorrow.

Another site, well respected here, never answered my calls or emails last week so I won't be buying this sizeable purchase from them.

• Seems to be some confusion here. OP said the rear "TOURING" rear R&D pipes. On slingmods site it says end of Aug (tomorrow). The "SPORT" rear R&D pipes say end of Sept. I've bought a lot from them also but I'm still waiting on a part that says end of Aug. I doubt I'm getting it shipped tomorrow.

Another site, well respected here, never answered my calls or emails last week so I won't be buying this sizeable purchase from them.

Something to consider for this coming holiday......many of these vendors are taking lots of inventory to sell at these all summer long slingshot gatherings. Further depleting shelf items, adding to longer delivery times.....especially if they need to order to restock their shelves.

Slingshots are still a novelty item meaning stuff is not just laying around waiting to ship.....many vendors and outlets can not afford to stock any and every after market slingshot items. So they make each item as it’s ordered..... many of these vendors/manufactures/outlets are relatively considered small businesses.....not a lot of capital to play with and still stay in business. Careful money decisions must be made...we aren’t taking about multi millions dollar corporations.....think ma and pa corner stores.

We all need to understand something......if they all go out of business...we are going to have severe mod fever withdrawal....probably requiring years of treatment and therapy.

So plan your purchases .....lots of stuff goes on sale every holiday....be patient and take some medication for your mod fever.