Slingshot hurricane preparation

• Transformer has been tripped since yesterday and only 3 of us without power. Sh-t Happens

many years ago we lost power in a wind storm at my parents house. 2 full blocks went dark and in the following days they slowly came back on, first one side of the next block over, then the other side of that same block, then the opposite of our block and then most of our side - finally came to my parents house and when they tried to get it up they started a fire in the back our our lot and had to shut just our house for another full day - - seems the power line was actually down in the the corner of our yard and when they tried to turn things back on it started the fire.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• An LP generator connected to the house is the way to go. If the electricity stops it automatically kicks on. It runs a self check each week to make sure it’s always ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• An LP generator connected to the house is the way to go. If the electricity stops it automatically kicks on. It runs a self check each week to make sure it’s always ready.

I thought about it but didn’t want a big propane tank in my yard and they wanted a fortune to bury one in the ground. Didn’t pass my cost/benefit test when I can just haul ass :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

When you get the cover off of her post-hurricane post a picture please. Your small on line picture is to small for me to see. I love the color and the hood off - please post!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• An LP generator connected to the house is the way to go.

I have been checking into LP gens since I already have a 100 GALLON (equal to a 450 LB tank give or take) LP tank not being used.

The typical 11kw dual fuel portable gen says it uses around 40 pounds in 8 hours at 50% load.

So the figures come out to about 88 hours worth of generator running time per tank.

Last I heard LP was $3.73 per gallon, but it has been a while since I looked up the price.

On gas it uses about a gallon an hour at under $2.50 per gallon.

But LP doesn't go bad like gas and doesn't gum up carbs, but LP is less powerful than gas and a 11kw generator only produces 9.5k on LP versus 11kw on gas.

I have decided to get a 16kw PTO driven generator for my small yard tractor that is diesel and uses about 0.5 gallons per hour.

• [quote='SoCal','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/8242-slingshot-hurricane-preparation/&postID=281367#post281367']

An LP generator connected to the house is the way to go. If the electricity stops it automatically kicks on. It runs a self check each week to make sure it’s always ready.

When you get the cover off of her post-hurricane post a picture please. Your small on line picture is to small for me to see. I love the color and the hood off - please post!

[/quote]

Here is an older pic I had parked in my garage. I’ve done a lot to it since then. slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/99470/

My buddy that lives in the mountains here in CO has natural gas. His generator works on that. I believe he has a Generac. He says it will power the whole house.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• I thought about it but didn’t want a big propane tank in my yard and they wanted a fortune to bury one in the ground. Didn’t pass my cost/benefit test when I can just haul ass :00008172:

I buried a 500 gal tank for a buddy's whole house backup generator. I guess I didn't charge enough. I still don't have a fortune...

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I buried a 500 gal tank for a buddy's whole house backup generator. I guess I didn't charge enough. I still don't have a fortune...

LOL - let me school ya on coonasses land - in the swamp ya have to bury em DEEP or just like graves....they will pop up and ya don’t want that :00008172::00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it