Slingshot hurricane preparation

• Well, it looks like you all are stuck with me for a while longer (or until the next hurricane hits). We are now in the middle of what remains from this once horrible storm. We're getting some rain and steady winds in the mid 30 mph range with occasional gusts in the 50 mph range. No power outages close by but the county reports over 3,000 homes so far that are in the dark. Once daylight hits and they remove the curfew, I'm going to head out to see how much local damage and flooding if any has happened over night. Hopefully what remains will die down to a nasty rain storm before heading back out to sea.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Well, it looks like you all are stuck with me for a while longer (or until the next hurricane hits). We are now in the middle of what remains from this once horrible storm. We're getting some rain and steady winds in the mid 30 mph range with occasional gusts in the 50 mph range. No power outages close by but the county reports over 3,000 homes so far that are in the dark. Once daylight hits and they remove the curfew, I'm going to head out to see how much local damage and flooding if any has happened over night. Hopefully what remains will die down to a nasty rain storm before heading back out to sea.

We are just sitting around and waiting our turn of this storm. The winds should reach us sometime between 2 and 8 this afternoon according to the 5 am forecast.

• You gonna have to drive through it to get to Mayhem?

Brenda and I left once in the Sling to go to Murphy, N.C. I think it was at the same time the hurricane was making landfall in Charleston, S.C. I had to look at the radar to see which way was the best to go from Georgetown, we ended up driving about halfway there in the rain.

• OK! There is something that barks over here and bites over there at each door, some of it good to 100 yards. Does anyone want to try me? I am officially in hurricane mode.

Crooks that loot during and after a storm are the lowest kind of scum !!! Shoot true my friend !!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• People bag on Polaris for a lot of quality issues but one thing I can say they got right is their cover. 😄 Mine is on it's 3rd (and strongest) Hurricane and this thing is an absolute tank. The interior did not get wet from hurricanes Matthew and Florence and now it's battling Hurricane Dorian and holding up well. I know this thing is probably outsourced but it's well worth the price in my opinion. Going strong after 3 1/2 years.

• People bag on Polaris for a lot of quality issues but one thing I can say they got right is their cover. 😄 Mine is on it's 3rd (and strongest) Hurricane and this thing is an absolute tank. The interior did not get wet from hurricanes Matthew and Florence and now it's battling Hurricane Dorian and holding up well. I know this thing is probably outsourced but it's well worth the price in my opinion. Going strong after 3 1/2 years.

No power but just got the cable and the internet back, I have seen summer storms worse than this, but that is a good thing.

• I think pretty much the whole east coast dodged a huge bullet - looking at those poor folks in the Bahamas - that could have been some of our friends and family on the mainland!! Lot to be thankful for IMO.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

I use that cover when trailering to Sunny Florida in Jan … works great.