Slingshot hurricane preparation

• Don’t forget hood buttons. I am sorry, just had to say. You just better hunker down and let the rain come, make sure holes in floor are open. Maybe just pack up and go to Arkansas for a while.

JUST SAYIN

Keep Three Wheels Down

• I was thinking of removing the targets, first aid kit, tool kit, and gun cleaning kit from the rear seat pockets and putting in some sand bags. Oh, and use duct tap. lots of duct tape. Going to leave the rear wing on the back... down force and all.

• Are you a newbie to Florida?

This is ONLY a Cat 1, maybe a Cat 2.

The only prep for this afternoon thundershower is buying some gas for the generator just in case.

We don't even have decent hurricane party's until it gets to Cat 3.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

• I was thinking of removing the targets, first aid kit, tool kit, and gun cleaning kit from the rear seat pockets and putting in some sand bags. Oh, and use duct tap. lots of duct tape. Going to leave the rear wing on the back... down force and all.

I have lived in Flowda since 1984. I was making fun of all the people going bananas over this storm when the path over Fl. is too early to predict.

Now, why would any sane person use duct tape and sand bags for a SS? I was hoping a few individuals would make fun and run with it. Guess maybe this is the wrong site for looking for people with a sense of humor. Now I'm just saying.

• We lived in Kissimmee in 2004. Charley, Frances, Ivan and Jeane. Every other weekend . . . here comes another one. I thought our last night on earth was the night when Charley went over us.

That's why we are back in Iowa. Give me a blizzard any day.

I have lived in Flowda since 1984. I was making fun of all the people going bananas over this storm when the path over Fl. is too early to predict.

Now, why would any sane person use duct tape and sand bags for a SS? I was hoping a few individuals would make fun and run with it. Guess maybe this is the wrong site for looking for people with a sense of humor. Now I'm just saying.

• We lived in Kissimmee in 2004. Charley, Frances, Ivan and Jeane. Every other weekend . . . here comes another one. I thought our last night on earth was the night when Charley went over us.

Traded hurricanes for tornados??? :)

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• [quote='billythekidd','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/8242-slingshot-hurricane-preparation/&postID=280552#post280552']

We lived in Kissimmee in 2004. Charley, Frances, Ivan and Jeane. Every other weekend . . . here comes another one. I thought our last night on earth was the night when Charley went over us.

Traded hurricanes for tornados??? :)

[/quote]

There are way more tornados in FL and Hurricanes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• At least you have more than 20 minutes warning for a hurricane unlike a tornado. That being said, the new updates for this storm shows it hitting the east Coast of Florida as a Cat 3 Hurricane with rain fall in excess of 8 inches ans the usual storm surge. Good thing it''s not going to be a full moon this time as well

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• At least you have more than 20 minutes warning for a hurricane unlike a tornado. That being said, the new updates for this storm shows it hitting the east Coast of Florida as a Cat 3 Hurricane with rain fall in excess of 8 inches ans the usual storm surge. Good thing it''s not going to be a full moon this time as well

If ya need someplace to run to...we got space.

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

I said the same thing after riding out 3 earthquakes at 7.0 & up...

Hello, Arkansas!!! 🤠

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Thanks so much for the kind offer, but we plan to stick it out here. The area we're in has had 5 hurricanes hit since 2004 and (knock on wood) power has never gone out. That's the part of the storm that bothers me the most. Losing power without a standby whole house generator would be the pits. No a/c or fan, spoiled food and no source to heat or cook anything as well as being in the dark for 12 hours at a time. At least we're close enough to the ocean to cool off when the temps inside the house gets too hot

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Everyone in Florida start moving out now. Come on over to Texas, we have no rain, no wind and nothing but hotness. At least you won’t get wet.

Texas was always my state of choice if I had to leave Florida for some reason..............

But now........ Texas is being turned into Mexifornia with all the people moving there.

They are fleeing Commiefornia because of liberal and democrat policies, but are voting for liberals and democrats so they can do the same to Texas.

Mexicans and other immigrants are flooding Texas to get paid and have freedoms not available in their own countries,

But are draining the government and demanding they be able to live and do as they do in their own countries, turning Texas into a 3rd world country.

I'm thinking I will have to buy a 50' or bigger Yacht and live on it, traveling to different locales for a short time until I find a country that fits me.

I'm afraid the USA is facing a turning point in the very very near future, and depending on which way it goes depends on which way I go.

And a boat can sail AWAY from a hurricane, LOL