Which brand of seats

• I was ready to buy new seats because the backrest bolts on my 2018 keep breaking. Polaris will replace them but won't I have the same problem down the road. I was looking at Twist or the higher priced PRP seats. I don't like that the TD seats raise you up some. I was leaning toward the PRP seats at Slingmods until I read the reviews. seems people are complaining about bolts not lining up. I could deal with that but the other complaint is the seat bottom not being as soft as OEM seat.

Don't need a long list but who has the most comfortable seat that you would recommend.

Thanks, Mike

• Braum, Bride, Corbeau, Recaro, Cobra, Sparco, Cipher, NRG, are all racing type seats and will be comfortable for shorter rides and people on the slimmer side. My brother who is a slightly portly fellow could not stay in the seat for more than 30 minutes as the bolsters were digging in to him. The PRP seats are far more forgiving in this area.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• I have Gen 1 PRP with lumbar support and am very happy. No issues with fit .

I think Gen 2 with removable bottom has less padding. JMO

I have the Gen 2 PRP Seats and I had a hard time with making the decision between Gen 1 vs 2...Initially I think the Gen 1 had a better feel...but over time I am really happy with the Gen 2 padding. I will say it is odd because the heavier you are the better they feel.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• I received a set of the Velocity Sport Seats as a gift from several of the forum members here and I really like the feel and comfort level. They have much better bolsters than stock and a softer seat pad. They did raise me up a couple inches but at 5'5"/160 lbs I don't mind. I still look through my F4+3 windshield. A bigger (wider) person might not fit these as well as the Velocity Street Seats which are also a noticeable upgrade.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I recently installed the SS suspension seats from PRP at slingmods. I like the seats, especially the backs, they cup you and are very comfortable. however the bottoms are not a true suspension, they have a solid bottom and no the padding isn't the greatest. I purchased the heaters that were optional but wanted that for the cooler weather that seems to plague Virginia. I will try to add more padding in the future.

• I received a set of the Velocity Sport Seats as a gift from several of the forum members here and I really like the feel and comfort level. They have much better bolsters than stock and a softer seat pad. They did raise me up a couple inches but at 5'5"/160 lbs I don't mind. I still look through my F4+3 windshield. A bigger (wider) person might not fit these as well as the Velocity Street Seats which are also a noticeable upgrade.

Just to clarify, the newer models with stock seats are quite comfortable. After riding in some other older slings, you can't say the same.

Also, some of the older, aftermarket seats aren't as comfortable (at least to me) as my stock seats.

I have not sat in a seat yet that is worth it for me to switch.

I certainly wouldn't buy any seat without trying it out in someone else's sling first.

• Just to clarify, the newer models with stock seats are quite comfortable...

I have not sat in a seat yet that is worth it for me to switch.

I certainly wouldn't buy any seat without trying it out in someone else's sling first.

Totally agree on all points. When the SLR seats were released in 2017 I swapped them on my 2016 base and loved the feel, yet hated the rise in seat height compared to older stock. Not to mention the new SLR seat does not retain heat nearly as much.

I'll add that the PRP seats just look so fugly to me compared to all the other aftermarket seat options out there.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Yes, this is in my 16.5. I had the original marine grade seats with the ass slot. I believe the Velocity seats are similar to the SLR seats but I get a little confused...

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• PRP with lumbar support. Good seat only ding I had was they tend to force your head forward to much for us with full face helmets. Pulled cover off re bent the upper part of the frame and all is good now. We sit a bit lower than stock.

LC

• To me at 5 ft. 6 inch and 160 lbs. the stock 2015 seats are still the most comfortable to me of the stock SS seats and not worth taking the chance to buy after market seats.

• If anybody has the current SLR Sport Seats with the bolsters available, I'll take them.

I agree that the current SS's have much better seats than the first years. My base 2019's are much more comfortable than the 2015 or 2016 seats, enough so that I don't think I would HAVE to trade them out like I did back then. I would move up from the 2019 base seats to the 2019 SLR seat though - those are really nice.

Even though I mentioned Cipher earlier, I can't recommend the ones I purchased. The trim bead started cracking in just a few months and looked terrible after a while. Some of the other Cipher seats ( MiM) though look really good.

• That's because you have a scrawny little ass... :)

I did like the comfort of the Polaris Comfort Seats but did not like the sliding around on them. Also did not like how high the seating was of the after market seats. YEA! I know I could always slow down and it does not look like that will happen until I cannot drive/ride anymore