crooked steering wheel

• Ok...so I have been dealing with this for as long as I have replaced the steering wheel...I figured I would try and fix it. Has anyone else had to deal with it and is there a quick fix or will have I have to play around with the tie rods? I am guessing it's not like a jeep that has a drag link?

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• Ok...so I have been dealing with this for as long as I have replaced the steering wheel...I figured I would try and fix it. Has anyone else had to deal with it and is there a quick fix or will have I have to play around with the tie rods? I am guessing it's not like a jeep that has a drag link?

Your SS is not in alighment, get the laser aligh. done

• AS I was leaving the place where I had my laser alignment done, I realized my steering wheel was not at 12 o'clock, but it was raining hard and I wanted to get home. Once there, I mad sure the wheels were properly pointed forward, pulled the steering wheel and re-positioned it properly. That was around 18+ months ago and everything still works fine today.

• My van steering wheel was off....instead of being 9 and 3 it was 8 and 2....I asked my mechanic if he could adjust it......I thought there was an adjustment on the steering box.... I think I remember years ago there being an adjustment on the steering box to fix this......my mechanic said it’s the alignment. He did an alignment and the wheel was straight again...

• A LOT of the older trucks had an adjustable drag link off the steering gear that you would lengthen or shorten to center thr wheel AFTER an alignment was done. Early Blazers were so easy to do and most of the time you wouldn't even get dirty to do it

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I just pulled my steering wheel and repositioned it on the splines until I got it right. My alignment was/is spot on so I definitely didn't want to mess with tie rods.

This is my initial plan. I had the issue after doing a laser alignment so I know it's not the alignment. I'll be working on the position on the splines in the next day or 2.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• wokka, chavey2 , and I did this to my Sling recently!

Of course I probably also need an alignment, but so happy to not have the wheel "centered" at the 2 o'clock position...

My issue started when I slammed concrete barrier due to hydroplane. It bent/cracked 2 rims that I needed to replace...

Anyway, my wheel is straight now after positioning, removing, centering, and reinstalling. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• If you did that much damage I would suspect you bent something related to steering...

• If you did that much damage I would suspect you bent something related to steering...

We thought the same thing, but couldn't find any damage. We're thinking he actually hopped splines in the rack and pinion. We looked at all the tie rods, a-arms, tires, etc and couldn't find anything wrong. Once we got the wheel straightened, he drove it and it tracked perfectly straight without having to hold the wheel.

• We thought the same thing, but couldn't find any damage. We're thinking he actually hopped splines in the rack and pinion. We looked at all the tie rods, a-arms, tires, etc and couldn't find anything wrong. Once we got the wheel straightened, he drove it and it tracked perfectly straight without having to hold the wheel.

A computer two wheel alignment would show that pretty quickly....if one was way out.

• When mine gets laser alignment he puts a level on the wheel to check it during process and it’s always been perfect. He invented the laser system for the spider and sling so he knows what he is doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• When mine gets laser alignment he puts a level on the wheel to check it during process and it’s always been perfect. He invented the laser system for the spider and sling so he knows what he is doing.

When they did mine the first time (True Trak) there was a was night and day difference in the way the SS drove. My SL 2015 came from the factory with a 10 degree offset in the steering wheel, I know because I put an angle finder on it and that was the reason for the first laser alignment

That's what I do as part of the process with the True Laser system. I haven't seen the process with the Polaris system.