I love my 2" W.P. Duals BUT........

Attention Vendors. Please email robert@rabtech.com any instruction manuals you may have for your products. They will be added to the FILEBASE tab for members to access.
  • …..Im not feeling the mark it leaves from the rear tire ( and I still have my stock 18" in the rear wtf..) . Ive been to a few Slingshot Takeovers and ive seen the same mark with other Slingshots , especially with those that had bigger wheels...….So I Seen this new exhaust on slingmods and im Wondering why not have a back piece ( meaning the rear 2" pipe section ) made for my Duals that will bring the pipe up along the side of the rear tire , for my Duals so that I wont have that issue again...…..

https://www.slingmods.com/pola…t-system-thermal-research

…..Now the quest to find someone to create a 2" back pipe for me, before I purchase a new set of BIGGER wheels...……..

( WHERE ARE THOSE CREATIVE MINDS, HAVE TO GET THOSE JUICES FLOWING....)

• I’m not having that problem...with a 20” rear wheel.....I have my pipe centered between the back of the bath tub and the tire.

• I’m not having that problem...with a 20” rear wheel.....I have my pipe centered between the back of the bath tub and the tire.

...The Slingshot takeovers I been on, I have seen a lot without that issue but a lot with it, so go figure and I have the Bilstein One-Way adjustable Shocks on mine ….And I made it a point to check out everyones Slingshot that had the Duals on theirs, of course everyone has a different setup which I have to take into account BUT I think my ideal of moving that 2" back pipe over will work just as well.....

• ...The Slingshot takeovers I been on, I have seen a lot without that issue but a lot with it, so go figure and I have the Bilstein One-Way adjustable Shocks on mine ….And I made it a point to check out everyones Slingshot that had the Duals on theirs, of course everyone has a different setup which I have to take into account BUT I think my ideal of moving that 2" back pipe over will work just as well.....

I did put on a slinglow rear end protector.. :thumbsup:.....it looked as though there might have been some slight plastic meltation going on in that area right behind the pipe. Nothing on my tire but then again....that’s my 3rd back tire. Apparently you aren’t wearing them out fast enough...8o

• I did put on a slinglow rear end protector.. :thumbsup:.....it looked as though there might have been some slight plastic meltation going on in that area right behind the pipe. Nothing on my tire but then again....that’s my 3rd back tire. Apparently you aren’t wearing them out fast enough...8o

A few people have bought the rear protection plate to cover damage and prevent further damage to the plastic from the Welter rear exit exhausts. The feedback I've gotten indicates that clearance between the exhaust and plastic tub differs on each installation. Some are very close and others have more space. This is the first I've heard about them impacting the tire.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, it's The Show!8)

• I used to rub the tire on the pipe and it was annoying. I worked with Jeff Welter to come up with a fix and documented it. Didn't have the issue after the fix until I bagged the SS. But that is to be expected. I'll dig up the link for you to check if it will help. I am confident it will though.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Try reading this and then consider reaching out to Welter if you need the updated clamp. Not sure how old the system is: WP Dual Exhaust Mod - Avoid Rubbing Issues (Walk-Through)

"Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Try reading this and then consider reaching out to Welter if you need the updated clamp. Not sure how old the system is: WP Dual Exhaust Mod - Avoid Rubbing Issues (Walk-Through)

…...Thanks and I read it all and I am capable of doing it that way as a winter project BUT to be honest with you if I have to do all of that im thinking of having someone create my own Y pipe to the side B4 I get my new wheels.....Something I have to think about real hard now….

• Good to know you are knowledgeable for when we install mine!

Now where's that missing piece... 🤔

Did you guys not get the part from Orlando? I take it he didn't show up to the SA wrench day?

• MiM no need. I can easily snag it from him. It’s super easy to access.