Slingshot rear view mirrors

• My stock mirrors [2018 Si] drivers side and passengers side ''both'' say ; ''Objects in mirror may be closer than they appear''

I believe that the newer Slingshots have 'convex' mirrors on both sides.... Another 'copy' Polaris did from an aftermarket vender... The mirrors that were sold by SlingsMods as an addon were both 'convex' and gave us much better view of the rear. When you added the mirror extensions they were Great. Don't know for sure but I'm guessing that if you added the mirror extensions to your Slingshot you would have a MUCH better view of what's behind you.

• My stock mirrors [2018 Si] drivers side and passengers side ''both'' say ; ''Objects in mirror may be closer than they appear''

Factory Convex sucks. My 18 SLR said the same, but when put next to the Slingmods mirrors it's a night and day difference.

When you added the mirror extensions they were Great. Don't know for sure but I'm guessing that if you added the mirror extensions to your Slingshot you would have a MUCH better view of what's behind you.

You are 100% correct. Major improvement in the visibility behind the sling.

• I bought the Peel and Stick Convex Mirrors from Slingmods dot com.

This will come too late for some folks...

But for others, with factory convex mirrors, this may be of some use.

My 2016 Slingshot passenger mirror is convex. The mirrors from Slingmods are convexed but are flat backed. This, as you can imagine, can make for some difficult mounting. Like trying to mount a board to a basketball.

Tried several different things...

In the end, gave it a K.I.S.S.

Keep it simple, stupid!

Here it is...

Used 3M tape to fill the low edges till they were even with the mirror frame.

Removed the red protective film when I was ready to install mirror.

From the back of the mirror, I removed some of the center bulk of 3M tape that the aftermarket mirror came fully backed with.

Removed the red protective film and mounted the mirror.

Turned out well. Sits flat, and it's secure.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS: