Slingshot rear view mirrors

• I was thinking about applying a small bead of Black RTV to the bottom, smoothing it out to make it look nice. Should hold the mirror just fine, but you may need to take your mirror off for an evening while it dries preventing it from running down the side of you sling.

• Has anyone else had issues with the passenger mirror? I bought the mirrors off Slingmods and installed them the other day. First day out the passenger side mirror fell off and broke but the tape stayed stuck to the original. Now I can't use the stock mirror because that tape wouldn't come off without scraping, and that scratched the crap out of the mirror. The problem I found with the new mirror is the back is flat and we're trying to stick it to a convex surface.

Slingmods had me send them a photo and will forward it to the manufacturer to get a replacement, but I'll have to do something to modify the surfaces.

• Has anyone else had issues with the passenger mirror? I bought the mirrors off Slingmods and installed them the other day. First day out the passenger side mirror fell off and broke but the tape stayed stuck to the original. Now I can't use the stock mirror because that tape wouldn't come off without scraping, and that scratched the crap out of the mirror. The problem I found with the new mirror is the back is flat and we're trying to stick it to a convex surface.

Slingmods had me send them a photo and will forward it to the manufacturer to get a replacement, but I'll have to do something to modify the surfaces.

Yes, someone else had the same problem. The mirror fell off in a parking lot and was not hurt he just cleaned everything up and used some more 2 sided tape to put it back on.

A little bit of 'paint thinner' … soften the tape and use your finger nail or an 'old credit card' and you should be able to get the tape/glue off without hurting the mirror or the paint. use a soft rag to put the thinner on the tape.

• A little bit of 'paint thinner' … soften the tape and use your finger nail or an 'old credit card' and you should be able to get the tape/glue off without hurting the mirror or the paint. use a soft rag to put the thinner on the tape.

Too late. I've already ruined the mirror. It scratches way to easily. Luis from Slingmods sent an email saying a replacement mirror is on the way. All I need is a drum sander to shape the back of it.

• Too late. I've already ruined the mirror. It scratches way to easily. Luis from Slingmods sent an email saying a replacement mirror is on the way. All I need is a drum sander to shape the back of it.

I've had my convex mirrors on for about 2 years and no problems.. Hope the new one works well. Have you added the mirror extensions? The two work great together.

• Thanks for all the info, got the windshield center mount convex mirror, With extended arm it sits above the windshield, but even in heavy traffic I can see everything. Hopefully avoid any Holy Shizt moments.

DuaneIndy

2019 SS SL

Stock is better

I bought this same set, but have held off on installing because of the issue raised here. I'm thinking I'll go ahead and install the drivers side since it appears to be a flat surface and I can't find any posted issues related to the drivers side install. Any recommendations on how to install the passenger side or is it best to just use the stock convex mirror that is already there? Hate to have paid for a set and only use one of them, but don't want to mess up the passenger side mirror if it isn't necessary.

FB - North Alabama Polaris Slingshot Owners - (Huntsville)

• I bought this same set, but have held off on installing because of the issue raised here. I'm thinking I'll go ahead and install the drivers side since it appears to be a flat surface and I can't find any posted issues related to the drivers side install. Any recommendations on how to install the passenger side or is it best to just use the stock convex mirror that is already there? Hate to have paid for a set and only use one of them, but don't want to mess up the passenger side mirror if it isn't necessary.

The passenger side is not convex, they are the same on both sides. Just get some rubbing alcohol and clean the existing mirror well before you apply the mirror. Press firmly and you are all set. I feel that the passenger side one is the one that benefits me the most as you will see everything.

• The passenger side is not convex, they are the same on both sides. Just get some rubbing alcohol and clean the existing mirror well before you apply the mirror. Press firmly and you are all set. I feel that the passenger side one is the one that benefits me the most as you will see everything.

My 2015 and 2016 clearly say on the passenger side mirror, "Objects In Mirror May Be Closer Than They Appear" So in saying they are not the same on each side.

• My 2015 and 2016 clearly say on the passenger side mirror, "Objects In Mirror May Be Closer Than They Appear" So in saying they are not the same on each side.

Hummm I humbly stand corrected then. All I know is that I sat in the drivers seat and had the wife hold the mirror in place over the factory one just so I could see the difference before I installed and it was night and day.

Sorry for the mis-information. :thumbsup:

• My 2015 and 2016 clearly say on the passenger side mirror, "Objects In Mirror May Be Closer Than They Appear" So in saying they are not the same on each side.

interesting - my 2016 didnt say that on the mirror - - and if it is convex it wasnt by much I can tell you the aftermarket convex mirrors from slingshot only that I had installed has a much much wider field of view

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Yep, mine is a 2016 and the passenger side has the "objects are closer than they appear" message. I did a quick test and the slingmod mirrors did appear to have a wider field of view than the stock convex mirror Edward Neal so I do want to install it. I just don't want the thing to fall off on the 90 mph four lane section of my rush hour commute to / from work one day because it is only attached by a small piece of peel and stick on the back of the mirror.

FB - North Alabama Polaris Slingshot Owners - (Huntsville)

• interesting - my 2016 didnt say that on the mirror - - and if it is convex it wasnt by much I can tell you the aftermarket convex mirrors from slingshot only that I had installed has a much much wider field of view

Yes, I agree with you about the Sling Mod mirrors. They beat the hell out of the stock mirrors and now I have to order another set for the 2016.

• I bought this same set, but have held off on installing because of the issue raised here. I'm thinking I'll go ahead and install the drivers side since it appears to be a flat surface and I can't find any posted issues related to the drivers side install. Any recommendations on how to install the passenger side or is it best to just use the stock convex mirror that is already there? Hate to have paid for a set and only use one of them, but don't want to mess up the passenger side mirror if it isn't necessary.

It looks like some slings don't have the convex passenger mirror. Mine is a 2015 and it's definitely convex. Slingmods had a new set sent out and I'll figure out the best way to mount it this week and post it up.

I agree it would have been nice if they only sold the driver side so we could have saved money. I will say the after market mirror is a wider angle than the stock one. I liked the extra view before it fell off.

• It looks like some slings don't have the convex passenger mirror. Mine is a 2015 and it's definitely convex. Slingmods had a new set sent out and I'll figure out the best way to mount it this week and post it up.

I agree it would have been nice if they only sold the driver side so we could have saved money. I will say the after market mirror is a wider angle than the stock one. I liked the extra view before it fell off.

If in doubt about the adhesive or amount of adhesive tape, I often just replace the original tape with 3M Tape designed for holding body molding in place. Strong and you can customize tape placement for maximum confidence.

• If in doubt about the adhesive or amount of adhesive tape, I often just replace the original tape with 3M Tape designed for holding body molding in place. Strong and you can customize tape placement for maximum confidence.

I have a roll of that to play with. Did a test fit and will have to run a strip all the way around at the very edge of the new mirror. The stock mirror frame is flat, but it's pretty narrow. I don't know the it will have enough area to get a good stick. Maybe trim it with gorilla tape.