• It depends a great deal on what you need the ladder for

as a general all purpose ladder I know of a few people who swear by the Little Giant multi use ladders they come in different lengths to fit what you need and are good for almost anything except electrical work in my opinion - I personally thought that for my needs they were a bit high priced so I picked up a clone that does all the same things at home depot for much less

for electrical work I also have a 6 ft fiberglass step ladder - I refuse to work on anything electric on a metal ladder its just asking for trouble.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I love the Little Giant but too heavy for me and my bad back, so I have the 6 ft. and the 8 ft. fiberglass step ladders.

I have to agree that the all in ones, even the generic one I have, are heavy, but they also can do things my 6 foot fiberglass cant do - - - in a pinch I tend to grab the fiberglass step, or if can get away with it my little 3 foot step, I only pull out the big all in one when the others just wont do

• I used to have one of the larger Little Giant models and it was too heavy to easily move around. I had a steel ladder that folded at 3 locations for great adjust-ability or use as a work platform, but it, too was a little on the heavy side. I now have a 12 ft aluminum ladder that is hinged in the center and can be used as a 6 ft step-ladder or a 12 ft ladder if I need to get on the roof. I also have a large fiberglass ladder, but it, too, is heavy and not easily maneuvered.

• I don't know if it's related to possible hurricane/wind damage, but houses here in the Houston area have much steeper slopes than the houses we had in Northern Virginia. Our roof is steep enough that the only time I ever got on the second story roof of our house was when an electrical contractor got up there to install an attic fan and froze due to concerns over the height and I went up to get him a rope I had secured on the other side of the house. His partner finished the job. I don't mind too much getting on the main floor's roof, but between the roof slope and the height of the second story, I no longer like getting that high up. If the roofer needs a foam pad to keep from sliding off the roof, then it's higher than I now feel comfortable.

• this is the Little Giant clone I got Werner MT 17 - - I have been very happy with it, its 17 foot extended and can hold 300 pounds - - pretty much identical to the 17 foot Little giant

• When we decided to repaint the interior of our house (3400 sqft) we got one of these Werner ladders at Home Depot.

The hoop at the top did wonders to help me feel more stable & secure when painting trim on 11-ft ceilings. They also had an accessory tray that clipped onto the hoop to hold paint trays, brushes etc.

They have taller varieties, but the 8-ft did everything we needed up to 13-ft ceilings in the bonus room, and it was light enough that I could lug it up the stairs to 2nd floor rooms with no trouble.

I have shorter step ladders, but this is my go to for big jobs... gotta say, there's no way in hell I'd get up on more than a 12-ft ladder anyway, so there is that!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• I pretty much have 2 ladders that can do pretty much everything I need. I too have one of the Werner-little Giant clones that can do everything I need from 8-14 ft. Then I also have a 3 step one with a top platform and tray similar to the one above that works great for everything inside the house. Tall enough to get me up to the 9 ceiling and light enough to move around easily. Anything needed beyond that and I'm calling a professional.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• I have had the same little giant ladder for over ten years. I paid a fortune for it as it was the first Little Giant Extreme that came out.

Ten years later it is still two things. Perfect and Heavy.

I have weighed between 180 and 380 since I've owned it and guess what, it don't care. It performs the same regardless and I feel safe on it.

I like the knock off at the Home Cheapo for the price.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!