Its race time. 1/2 mile at a time.

• 531 miles from home to the track. I didnt think I would ever get here .......

Looks like it's just me and Kyle D here today with Slingshots. I just have the bad feeling that my buddy Kyle is going to rule the day. I dont know what it is that is bugging me. I told Kyle last night that he would probably wipe my ass up this week. Well, let's go make a pass and see.....

• Be safe, have fun and good luck both of you

oh - and please at least get to that magic 150 mph :00008674::00002178:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• It was rough out there today. Conditions were less than favorable. In addition to getting rained out at 1pm, the track was pretty slick which was the general consensus of all the racers, and we had probably a 20mph head wind. However both rabtech and I agreed that we will take a head wind over a cross wind any day of the week. There have already been a couple cars that left on flat beds and towed back to the pits. As well as a few that made one pass and broke. The best I could squeeze out in the short amount of time we had was 138 and change. I believe Bobby’s best run thus far has been 134 and change. Tomorrow isn’t supposed to be much better. More heat, more humidity, and possibly more rain at some point. We all went out and got lunch together and headed back to the hotel for naps before meeting back up for beers and shooting the breeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• frankly I think the camaraderie and friendship is more important than any speed records that might have been set - - Its one of the things I like most about being a part of the slingshot community. Glad to hear that you guys are having fun

:thumbsup:

• It was rough out there today. Conditions were less than favorable. In addition to getting rained out at 1pm, the track was pretty slick which was the general consensus of all the racers, and we had probably a 20mph head wind. However both rabtech and I agreed that we will take a head wind over a cross wind any day of the week. There have already been a couple cars that left on flat beds and towed back to the pits. As well as a few that made one pass and broke. The best I could squeeze out in the short amount of time we had was 138 and change. I believe Bobby’s best run thus far has been 134 and change. Tomorrow isn’t supposed to be much better. More heat, more humidity, and possibly more rain at some point. We all went out and got lunch together and headed back to the hotel for naps before meeting back up for beers and shooting the breeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Was there any hood or fender flapping? Just had to ask. Y’all ride safe and enjoy.

Also don’t let larry out there , he goes backwards, JUST SAYIN.

Keep Three Wheels Down

• [quote='SlingByron','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/8204-its-race-time-1-2-mile-at-a-time/&postID=279653#post279653']

What time does it start tomorrow?

[/quote]

Gates open up to us at 7am with a driver meeting at 830 and racing starting at 9am. Weather permitting of course.

ZZPerformance, Go Fast Not Broke
    EST 2000

• So - any updates?

• All I can say is (HEAD WIND) I’ll let the 2 pros discuss there information and how the wind and humidity played it’s part... I would like to say it was very exciting to get to see in person everyone working together to help each other....!!!!! Sling family at its best.!!!!

• It was a challenging weekend. My best run was 139.23mph on Sunday afternoon. Sunday was a repeat of last year where mid day the winds got a little gustier and were not coming head on anymore and had a slight cross wind. I had 1 pass where I used the entire lane and then some just to get down the track. I had another pass where I was really close to the end and my rear tire ripped loose doing mid 130s. I tried to steer into it but it just got too far out and I had to ease off the gas to straighten back out.

Comparatively speaking to all of the cars that were close to the same power level I had a pretty good weekend speed wise but the low speed numbers makes it seem like a bad weekend. Once the winds picked up on Sunday late afternoon I made the call to pack it in for the ZZP crew. I was pushing 26-30psi and not making any progress and there weren't going to be any record setting runs so I figured let everyone get home to their families a couple hours earlier than planned. We were all exhausted anyway from the heat and humidity.

For me the best part of the weekend was just getting to hang out all weekend with rabtech Ghost and his wife Cheryl and larry. We were at the same hotel and our trailers were close to one another each day so we were all visiting a little throughout the day and then got lunch together on Friday after we got rained out and dinner on Saturday. All in all it was a great weekend with great friends. Nothing broke and we all lived to tell about it.

Edited once, last by Kyle D ().

• Here's a few pics from the weekend from the media guys here at ZZP.

rabtech and I chatting in the pits

Here is a pic from my 139 pass as I was shifting into 3rd. If you look closely at the rear tire you can see the sidewall wrinkling a little.

Another pic talking to Bobby and Al as I came back into the pits.

Here is me pointing at one of our media guys coming back down the return lane.

• Kyle, did the upper fender make any differences in the flapping? :00008356:

But seriously, can you tell a difference with that change? How was your rear spoiler working, I know we chatted about that at Huntsville.

Thanks and while you didn't raise any records higher, congrats on a successful weekend, no injuries and no broke vehicles :)