Financing with Sychrony Bank

• So, with the 3rd SlingShot, I ended up going with the dealer offered financing because he was offering 3.99% and the CU was offering 5+%. It ended up being Sychrony Bank which is one of the Polaris partners.

Well, I've made 3 payments so far - and had 3 problems. I'm wondering if anyone else deals with Synchrony and what your experience might be.

Sychrony does not issue a payment books nor do they have on-line payment capabilities (like EVERY F'N OTHER COMPANY TODAY!). They send me a payment coupon each month like credit cards do. My payment is due on the 25th of each month:

1. June - Sent payment on the 20th, was posted to my account on the 26th, and cleared my bank on the 28th. Got a late fee of $39.99.
    2. July - Received payment coupon on the 19th (even though it says it was printed on the 12th). Of course I called to complain about the short timing, got the late fee reversed, and sent payment out on the 20th, clearing my bank on the 23rd.
    3. August - Got payment coupon on the 14th. Showed I owed 3 payments and that I was late! Current balance was almost $400 more than the original loan. Called and found out that they had to remove all my payments to take care of that late fee and then re-apply them all. Everything was cleared and I was on track and only owed 1 payment and that the printed statement/coupon just happened to print while they were doing all this. Sent the check on the 15th.

So, anyone else having problems with Sychrony/Polaris financing?

• My Sam’s card is with Synchrony. Pay it online on the 19th of ea month. No interest then and I get points. Have several payments go onto the card ea month (water, gas, gasoline, etc) and get points for them too. Last. Year I paid no interest and got back over $1200. Not bad. They paid me $100/month to use their card. Also, State Farm offered me 3.4 on the new Jeep but I got 3 from Bank of America (China). Polaris offering 1.9 right now.

• My Slingshot is financed through Synchrony. there was a deal for 1% at the time so it seemed like good choice.

Anyway we pay all of our bills using the "billpay" option through our bank account. when we got our first bill from Synchrony we set it up with our bank inputting the account number and other information just like every other bill we pay and made our first payment, each month when the bill comes a few days before the due date we go online to our bank and send the payment

so far we have had no problems - - several years back we were making the last payment to Best Buy for one of those 6 months same as cash deals. We made the final payment early to be sure it got there, but Best Buy came back and said they never received the check and that we owed full interest for the whole 6 months. We fought with them and finally got them to waive the interest, but it was a pain. That was the event that changed how we pay bills and caused us to start paying everything through our banks "billpay" service. Because its all electronic there is a record that can be traced - on one or 2 occasions over the last several years we have had some creditor say we made a late payment and each time we take a screen shot showing it was paid electronically and each time they apologize and go away

We even pay our pool man through the "billpay" service, even though he is just a one man business when we go on the bank site and tell them to pay him - the bank sends him a check and we have an electronic record.

we havent written a check to pay a bill in years, - - - we figure we have saved a bunch just not having to buy checks or pay postage by using bill pay

so anyway back to your question - yes we have Synchrony and no we have had no problems, but as I said above I think the chance of having the type of problems that you are having was never possible because of the way we pay through our bank online

By using the our banks bill pay service we have all the information to pay bills in one place. there is no need for logging onto separate sites for different bills and in fact even if there is no creditors site to pay the bill we can still pay online - - like I said above even the pool dude :)

I dont know who you bank with, but most banks have a bill pay service and in many cases it is free, but even if there is a small fee I would still recommend using it to pay all of your bills, being able to pay all of your bills from one place and having the security of it being done electronically is worth it I think - hardest part is sitting down the first time and adding everyone you pay, after that its very easy to use and very easy to add new payees or remove the old ones that are gone

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I had a Sychrony account on my Sling. I had them automatically withdraw from my checking account. I would still get the payment coupons in the mail every month. I don't remember how I got it set up but it was probably on the coupon.

After the Sling was payed off I still got a couple of coupons showing $0.00 balance.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• Between you and me, that 2% difference is looking pretty small about now. Time to refi that puppy.

Hey John - probably easier to change how it paid instead of refinancing - A banks bill pay services are great for keeping all payments in one place and also electronically traceable and virtually instant

much easier than writing checks and paying postage and also better than having to go to a different site for every bill

• Hey John - probably easier to change how it paid instead of refinancing - A banks bill pay services are great for keeping all payments in one place and also electronically traceable and virtually instant

much easier than writing checks and paying postage and also better than having to go to a different site for every bill

Agree. I use BillPay for almost everything. Think I wrote two checks last year.

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• I have to make a correction here my wife corrected me and my slingshot financing is not with Sychrony Bank it is with Sheffield Bank - - We have accounts with both and I didnt bother looking first before I answered chavey2 - - - sorry

But my answer would be the same either way - using our banks bill paying service pretty much eliminates the chance of late / lost payments

• I'll add to the Synchrony Bill Pay option. I've been asking them for years to get a freakin online bill portal setup and still nothing. However great interest rate. For the longest Time I was calling in on the phone and doing the payment (which you can do but the account number is crazy long) then I was like that's silly I can just bill pay this puppy and be done.

2023 Graphite Blue R Manual

2022 Tesla Mode 3 Performance

2020 Toyota Supra MK5 - way to many mods

2022 Harley Davidson Apex Road King

• Thanks All,

I'll try the Bill Pay thru the bank.

But,

Y'ALL AIN'T GONNA BELEIVE THIS SHXX!

Today I got a notice of delinquent account, that I have failed to make required payments, that I am severely past due, and that multiple attempts have been made to reach me!

Believe me, I'm gonna "contact them"! :evil::cursing::cursing::cursing::!:

• Don't you just love it when they contact you to tell you they can't contact you? Social Security mailed my mother a letter to tell her they couldn't mail her checks to her. This was after years of having the same mailing address - and direct deposit to the same bank account! 11 months later it sill isn't straightened out.

Light 'em up chavey2 !

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• So yeah, I called and spoke w Rob. I was a professional Axxhole to him, keeping it calm, but letting him know I was extremely upset. I chewed him for sending out a letter like that that was full of lies. Of course, he countered with it was a generic form letter, but I told him I didnt care. They need to fix their B.S. I then also told him to credit me for all interest I've paid since starting w them 3 months ago. Doubt that will happen.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Just to follow up: Synchrony Bank has fubar'd this loan so bad that I went and refinanced today with a local credit union. I refuse to give Synchony any more of my money. Even got a (very slightly) better interest rate, but admittedly the $70 loan filing fee would eat that up. But now I have automatic deposits and payments without having to get a statement from SB any more. Heck, postage stamps savings alone over the next 4-1/2 yrs will pay for 1/2 of that.