VERY LOUD SQUEAK IN DASHBOARD

• I JUST HEARD THIS EVENING A VERY LOUD SQUEAK THAT SOUNDS LIKE IT IS COMING FROM THE DASH AREA. EVEN HEAERD IT WITH OUR MODULAR HELMETS ON. IT DOES SOUND LIKE THE DASH BOARD AREA. HAS ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCED THIS KIND OF NOISE? EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE TIGHT ON THE DASH. WE HAVE PUSHED ON DASH PIECES BUT NOTHING REALLY MOVES. CHECKED INSIDE THE GLOVE COMPARTMENT AND NOTHING LOOSE THERE. NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!

NOW ANOTHER PROBLEM, MAJOR, MAJOR PROBLEM, I HAVE CORBIN SADDLEBAGS, THE DOORS WILL NOT STAY LOCKED, NO MATTER WHAT I HAVE TRIED, IE, PUSHING UP ON DOORS TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE SEATED AND LOCKED, BUT TO NO AVAIL, GOING DOWN THE ROAD THEY COME OPEN. I HAVE PULLED ON THEM SLIGHTLY BEFORE LEAVING THE HOUSE AND THEY SEEM FIND, THEN DOWN THE ROAD PEOPLE COME ALONGSIDE AND MOTION THAT A BAG DOOR IS OPEN. I KNOW SOON A DOOR WILL FLY OFF. HAS ANYONE OUT THERE EXPERIENCED THIS BEFORE WITH DOORS COMING OPEN.

• Given the lack of a firewall in these beasts, your squeak may be coming from the engine compartment, something like a belt squeal?
    As far as The Corbin bags go, there are lots of posts about this problem. Those with the single latch system (thankfully I've got the double latch) seem to have this as a chronic problem that's difficult to fix. If you're still south, you might want to drive up to Daytona to the Corbin showroom and have them fix it. There are adjustments you can do to the latch. Search this forum as well as the dark side for what people with this issue have done.

• The windshield on these Slings quite commonly rub the painted dash and can cause a chirp when wind loaded. That stock exhaust can... spring mounts, exhaust donut, breaking welds inside... just thoughts.

Six pack of Bud in the glove box, bad idea.... its weight restrictive.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• the issues with the corbin doors has always been present. Beautifuuly designed product, that finishes the rearend and gives ample storage... but for the door issue... we would have corbin bags. You will find the fix, hopefully without too much frustration. Always search the forum for possible product issues before purchase ;( corbin saddlebags would be a sell out item if they got their chit together and put out quality pieces, or at the very least a top notch customer service.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• the issues with the corbin doors has always been present. Beautifuuly designed product, that finishes the rearend and gives ample storage... but for the door issue... we would have corbin bags. You will find the fix, hopefully without too much frustration. Always search the forum for possible product issues before purchase ;( corbin saddlebags would be a sell out item if they got their chit together and put out quality pieces, or at the very least a top notch customer service.

Maybe the way to do it is to call in an order and ask for double latches. When they say no you cancel order. Shouldn't take long for them to figure it out.

• I did get a call from Corbin out of florida, they sent me some photo's and instructions on how to try and make repair or should I say adjustment to the locks.. Which didn't work. So I sent Corbin and the dealer an email over the weekend and telling them I am taking it into a dealer for warranty work. want the latch's either replaced or fixed. Cant drive the SS with latch's that don't hold so I taped the top part of the lid, holds just find. On checking before I buy, the dealer put them on, after I said I wanted to buy them. Oh well lesson learned on major purchase of acc's.

Anyone out there that has put on the Jump cable kit and the battery tender kit? Wondering how difficult it is, I have the Optima Yellow top battery installed.

• Another possibility for your squeak. I had one that came from a hood fastener that was rubbing on the engine cam tower. Sounded like it came from the 'firewall' like you described. Drove me nuts for awhile. Look for a small rubbed area on the forward part of the highest cam tower.

• think I found the problem, it was the new windshield that comes with the SL LE model and we have the Billet Roof installed. The edge of the windshield was rubbing the riser bar on both side. I put the little white stick on rubber button type tabs and it stopped the squeak.