Side Vent for the Polaris Slingshot

• I just ordered the vent system

FunCycle

Have you received your vent system yet and got it installed? If you have, what are your thoughts. I was looking at my fenders and it looks like the later models have different fenders than the ones they show on there install video. Looks like they change them on the newer models. Mine is a 2018 model and I can’t see how there would be a lot of air flow in this area on mine. It has (3) holes at the top that are open not sure if it’s the same as the 2015-2016 models.

• FunCycle

Have you received your vent system yet and got it installed? If you have, what are your thoughts. I was looking at my fenders and it looks like the later models have different fenders than the ones they show on there install video. Looks like they change them on the newer models. Mine is a 2018 model and I can’t see how there would be a lot of air flow in this area on mine. It has (3) holes at the top that are open not sure if it’s the same as the 2015-2016 models.

Nothing yet.

• I still have not received the Cool Air Vent. 22 days now

Have you been charged for it?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Have to wait for my statement

22 days is more than I would be comfortable with - have you talked with the seller find out what the status is? if it hasn't shipped yet there could be a good reason, but I would want to know - and if it has shipped I would want to know that so I could be sure it didnt get lost

many of the specialty items made for our slingshots are made to order and require extra time so I will cut these people more slack than I would other online retailers, but 22 days if you have not heard anything is pushing my limits

• 22 days is more than I would be comfortable with - have you talked with the seller find out what the status is? if it hasn't shipped yet there could be a good reason, but I would want to know - and if it has shipped I would want to know that so I could be sure it didnt get lost

many of the specialty items made for our slingshots are made to order and require extra time so I will cut these people more slack than I would other online retailers, but 22 days if you have not heard anything is pushing my limits

mine too. e-mail yesterday and today. no response yet. 8/13/19 @ 8/39 pm pay pal I will check when i get in the house

• Amazon has really warped our delivery expectations! I ordered a new throttle body from a GM dealer in NC on 8/19, but didn't receive shipping info until today. At least it's supposed to get delivered on 8/30!;)

I still get blown away when I order something thats Amazon P{rime and I get it the next day - or when I order on a Friday night and its delivered Sunday afternoon

• Received a reply, the cool vent was mailed out yesterday

just out of curiosity did they give any explanation as to why it took 22 days?

• Well, my patience finally ran out AND the vacuum hose from the wheel well didn’t work worth crud. So I went with

Mniron's True Floorboard Air Vent. Scared the heck out of me to take a 3” hole saw to the body work. But, finally screwed up the courage and drilled away.

Result? It works. Not like forced air or a blower. But fresh air movement in the footwells feels pretty good.

• sorry - - still not cutting any holes =O

• If you finally succumb be careful. I drilled a little high on the driver side. Should have held it down about a 1/2 inch. Got a little more splash guard flange than I wanted. It is still ok.

I used my hot glue gun to glue the pieces in place. Make sure that you use a high temp gun and sticks. Low temp glue might soften and weaken in the summers both here in the South and especially in the Mojave.

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• If you finally succumb be careful. I drilled a little high on the driver side. Should have held it down about a 1/2 inch. Got a little more splash guard flange than I wanted. It is still ok.

I used my hot glue gun to glue the pieces in place. Make sure that you use a high temp gun and sticks. Low temp glue might soften and weaken in the summers both here in the South and especially in the Mojave.

I truly appreciate the information, but I still doubt I will ever be doing this - just not comfortable cutting holes. plus ever since I switched to the double bubble windshield the air circulation around my feet and legs in the foot wells is very good so long as I am moving

• I bought 2 of these - https://www.ebay.com/itm/ABS-P…JK-98-18-VIC/133142131359 and still need to order some round air vents like mniron used in his floor vents. I plan on mounting the scoops behind the mudguards with the air vents a little above the bottom of the scoops in hopes of any rain getting in the scoops just draining out the bottom of the scoops rather than coming in thru the vents. Will post an update when I finally get around to the install.