Side Vent for the Polaris Slingshot

• According to Summer Breeze who has had it installed all summer it works. I have a feeling it will work even better without the stock splash guard installed. For those that may not know I have the StickerDick fenders which were like the second ones that were installed, the full fender not the bobbers.

I have been told that not that much air gets through the holes in the stock splash guards, but I would think these vent would work great on a setup where the they have been removed like yours

please keep us updated - might just push me over the edge to remove the splash guards - cant afford the sticker dick fenders and have been afraid that in the rain it would suck without the splash guards, but if these vents really work for you then I might be willing to trade getting slashed the few times it rains for being cooler in our 4 months of 100 plus heat

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I just installed the Cool vents in mine. A little piece of advise on the passengers side. Drill your 1/8 in pilot hole thru both inner and outer walls then put your drill bit and hole saw on the inside to see where your hole is going to end up. there is very little room for error on the inside. If your to far forward you end up cutting into the corner of the inner wall. Not a bad idea to do the same on the drivers side. Also don't expect for them to look nice and flush like in your car or truck they don't. But you cant really see them anyhow. Have not taken mine out for a ride yet to see how good they work. Maybe take it for a ride tomorrow and see how they work. And yes the first hole was the hardest to cut. I don't like cutting holes in good panels either. I also used an air die grinder on the inside of the drivers side to get the tube and cover into the panel.

• I did a custom DIY floorboard vent.

Search "Mniron's True Floorboard Air Vent"

This works awesome. Last year, it it was above 85F, my wife would pass on going. This year.... she has been going on rides at 98F. This is good for me as she operates the spritz bottle of water (my diy evaporative cooling system).

I did a write-up here:

What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

• Read your install and review. Bought the parts, just don’t have the courage to cut the hole. 😟

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Read your install and review. Bought the parts, just don’t have the courage to cut the hole. 😟

I am in the same boat as you - I am not willing to cut holes, or perhaps I just dont have the guts to cut holes. I would rather put up with the heat than to risk F ing up my slingshot - anything like this will only happen if Its being done at an event by someone who has done it a bunch of times before where I can see the end result first on some other sling.

As a side note at this point I am not sure I even need vents in the foot area - ever since I installed my OEM Polaris double bubble windshields I can feel the wind swirling around my feet and ankles when I am driving I really think that for dealing with our very hot summer weather the double bubbles might have been some of the best money I have spent on mods - and at $65 its one of the least expensive mods as well - - - and no cutting :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

I was a bit worried when I decided to take the plunge.

Started with passenger side, from inside out, marking the center of my 3" hole. Making sure it was 3.25" above the floor to allow the vent trim ring room from the floor.

First hole was a small 3/32" drill as a test. Figured it was easy to plug/hide.

Double quadruple check. Insert a piece of wire. Check both sides again.

Stepped up to a 1/4" drill.

After the 1/4" hole was there, break out the flashlight and multiple pairs of cheater glasses.

Wanted to make certain nothing was sandwiched in there.

Then, most important!

I made a paper template so that the drivers side would be in the very same location.

Then the 3" hole......dripping sweat as it plunged through.

A club member wanted one for his but, was far to afraid to drill it so, he asked me.

Took a little over a half hour to do both sides.

Both He and his Wife are very happy with the results.

• On the floorboard vent option, I see the vents can closed to reduce airflow.

How do they function in / handle rain? Anyone with direct experience?

Given their location, it would seem they would pick up a good bit of water off the road and tires. I doubt closing the vent would be water tight - just curious how much water might get into the passenger cabin.

• On the floorboard vent option, I see the vents can closed to reduce airflow.

How do they function in / handle rain? Anyone with direct experience?

Given their location, it would seem they would pick up a good bit of water off the road and tires. I doubt closing the vent would be water tight - just curious how much water might get into the passenger cabin.

I got caught in rain only once. Was not a downpour, just a shower.

Nothing came through, no puddles on the floor.

I would imagine if you are riding in a downpour for long periods of time, something will pass through.