If there was a contest for how many things go wrong with your Slingshot, I would win..............

• The list of things currently wrong are too many. It all has to do with mods (except for my sheared off axle which the dealership is still dragging their feet on).

I have a newer Kenwood head unit with a USB connected to the inside of the glove box. Plugging the iPhone into that gives me Apple Car Play and charges the phone.

Yesterday in the middle of leading a ride my phone died. The USB was working for Apple Car Play but not for charging.

I plugged in my USB 12-volt adapter inside the glove box and that wasn't working either. The 12-volt between the seats works.

At a stop everybody helped me check my fuses. They are not blown.

EDITED to say we tried 3 different cables to eliminate it being the cable.

Now what........

• Check the cabling between the head-unit and your usb in the glove box. If you can, plug the phone directly into the head unit cable on the back, most of them have a short dongle (ok, average) and then give you an extension to run to glove box, etc. Of course, double check that your iphone cable is good elsewhere, or use another cable.

On the 12-volt connection in the glove box, check to see if you are getting voltage there using a voltmeter.

• I have found the usb port in the glove box to be very unreliable. when trying to charge my phone it randomly disconnects, and when trying to play music of a thumb drive it too will just randomly disconnect. it seems like any movement of the plug from hitting a bump or opening and closing the glove box is all it takes and it stops working until I unplug whatever I am using and re plug it back in. I Have actually gotten to the point where I have given up on the built in USB port. I now run and charge my phone off an Anker powerbank and play the music through bluetooth

using this - Anker PowerCore 20100mAh - Ultra High Capacity Power Bank - I can run my phone and my Gopro all day and all night and both will stay fully charged and I never have to worry that I will find out it disconnected and stopped charging

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• as a side note I also highly recommend the - Anker Powerline II Lightning Cable - much more reliable and also much more durable than the garbage you get from Apple - - they bill it as the "Worlds most durable cable" I also like that they come in colors, I got a red one to go in my red slingshot and a black one to use with my powerbank - we have a bunch of apple people in the family and by having red and black it keeps others from grabbing the my cables and walking off with them :)

• I begged my former retired mechanic to take a look at all the electrical problems as he is the best at that. He said to swing by tonight, so we will see what's going on.

Also, when I honk my Flosser air horn (which has a relay), my decorative lights go off for about 5 seconds. Sounds like a power overload. I'm about ready to rip all the lights out as this is my 3rd set and MIC is MIC no matter what the brand...

ANOTHER QUESTION: On Monday my sheared axle is being replaced, and I'm told to do the bearings too if the axle is being replaced. Bearings aren't cheap - is it recommended to do them?

As long as the wheel is coming off, I think I'd like to change my brake pads to EBC green. Anyone run them?

• as a side note I also highly recommend the - Anker Powerline II Lightning Cable - much more reliable and also much more durable than the garbage you get from Apple - - they bill it as the "Worlds most durable cable" I also like that they come in colors, I got a red one to go in my red slingshot and a black one to use with my powerbank - we have a bunch of apple people in the family and by having red and black it keeps others from grabbing the my cables and walking off with them :)

I'm looking at that power bank now, thanks. The lightning cable I am using in the Slingshot was a very expensive one as I wanted it to hold up to the jostling and heat. We swapped out a few different cables none worked, so it's not the cable. Hopefully tonight my mechanic can see what is going on. He will tell me "too much stuff wired horribly..." :)

• Hello Peg,

I have your info

The front pad is FA669/4 and the rear is FA670. While these aren’t greenstuff precisely, these are the equivalent for the Polaris. They are the same material but, have a black backing plate.

Front

EBC Organic Brake Pads - FA669/4

• Organic compound brake pads are a direct replacement for your OE pads
    • The perfect choice for everyday use
    • Quiet, smooth, progressive braking power with excellent cold friction rating
    • Yellow code compound upgrades braking performance for higher-performance driving situations
    • Provide excellent brake "bite" when cold and extreme resistance to fade at high temperatures
    • Provide excellent feel at the pedal and progressive braking power with reduced stopping distances
    • All front brake pad kits include four pads for left and right caliper fitments

Included Items:

(4) Disc brake pads

(1) Packet EBC claiper lube

No instructions

Part #: 1914469 Mfg #: FA669/4 Position Front Type Brake Pad - Non-Metallic Units Set Weight 29.00 lbsSpecifications

UPC Code: 889668097917

Rear

Part #: 1914471

Mfg #: FA670

Position Rear Type Brake Pad - Non-Metallic Units Set Weight 1.50 lbs

Included Items:

(2) Disc brake pads

UPC Code: 889668097924

• Woot!! Thanks!!

• And yes, you will need to replace the bearings. When I bought the spare bearings 3 years ago they were only like $175 for both

• The difference is night and day, with stopping power from the stock pads and the 5.0 pads. But the 5.0's are dusty

you say this like the stock pads are not dusty

• Bearings are cheap if they were damaged or caused the original problem. You don’t want to pay for the job twice....do it right the first time....