O2 sensor issues after turbo install.

• I installed my turbo kit almost 3 months ago now and have had the check engine lights on since day one. One is for the bike running rich and the other two are for the o2 sensor. One says it is for a open circuit. I have looked over everything and it seems like nothing is broken or disconnected. I have replaced the o2 twice with no change. Every time i take the o2 out it is black covered in carbon. I clean it off and put it back in the bike runs fine. then the next day right before it hits boost it sputters a little. The check engine light flutters when this happens. My afr levels are soot on though 14.3-14-7 on idle. Anyone have any ideas?

• If you're showing an oxygen sensor code with an open diagnostic, it usually means either a faulty connection at the wire harness connection to the sensor or a break in the sensor output wire somewhere. A faulty sensor could also be the problem, but I haven't heard of anyone having the open code for a failed sensor before - not to say that it can't happen. If you can probe that wire out of the sensor to see that you're getting a voltage reading below 5 volts, the sensor is not the issue. If it shows zero, you should probe that wire on the engine harness side of the connector to see if the reading is the same. If it's still zero, you have a wire issue somewhere from that point back to the PCM.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I installed my turbo kit almost 3 months ago now and have had the check engine lights on since day one. One is for the bike running rich and the other two are for the o2 sensor. One says it is for a open circuit. I have looked over everything and it seems like nothing is broken or disconnected. I have replaced the o2 twice with no change. Every time i take the o2 out it is black covered in carbon. I clean it off and put it back in the bike runs fine. then the next day right before it hits boost it sputters a little. The check engine light flutters when this happens. My afr levels are soot on though 14.3-14-7 on idle. Anyone have any ideas?

What air/fuel ratio are you seeing boosted?

When you clean the O2 sensor and put it back in, does the Slingshot run fine without codes until the next day? If you stay out of boost do the codes stay away?

• The check engine light flutters when this happens.

If your CEL is flashing that means a misfire. That could happen from improperly gapped plugs, one of the injectors not fully seated, or low octane fuel. What Funinthesun stated about the open circuit is also correct. If it is running rich at WOT, you may want to either get on a dyno for tuning or send the PCM back to the manufacturer to adjust the tune.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke