interesting article on suspension

• As many of you may have noticed by now I am fascinated with trying to understand the ins n outs of the suspension on our Slingshots things like spring rates, sway bars and dampening.

I like learning how all of these things work together especially when applied to a three wheeled machine.

anyway here are a couple of interesting reads

Road and Track - Why stiff suspensions have less grip

big sway bar and soft front springs

It is not something I studied before I did it, but with running the JRI GT's and my Twist Dynamics sway bar my slingshot would fall into the big bar soft springs idea - with the GT's spring rate of 185 pounds they are fairly soft compared to the other coilovers out there, and with the Twist sway bay the lateral spring rate is very high - - -I dont know if what they say in the write up above applies directly to my setup, but I can say I really like it, get a nice ride over the normal irregularities, dips and bumps in the road, but absolutely flat and solid in the turns

its like I get the cornering benefits of a stiff suspension without a negative impact on ride quality :thumbsup:

anyway I just thought I would share these things for anyone else who might find them interesting

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• As a side note I wish Henry from Alpha were still around. If I am not mistaken I believe he was heavily involved in the setup design of the JRI GT's and also the Alpha sway bar - - - I would love to hear his thoughts on the idea of running a stiff sway bar with the GT's or to know if they ever did any testing of the combination of the two

oh well - - - - I guess I will have to try to figure it out myself :P

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().