Newbie to the SLingshot world

• Hello to everyone. Soon to be owner of an SS GT(Next spring). I'm familiar with the SS, have a few friends that own them. Wife and I have settled on getting the GT model. We are looking to get one March 2020 either an 2019 or 2020 model. We are already planning a long trip in June to do a tour of the southern states. Not new to the motorcycle world, currently have a 05 GW Trike, a 2000 Valkyrie (my favorite bike) and a 05 Suzuki Blvd C50. Wife cant ride on the bike anymore due to health reasons, so her new wind therapy will be the SS (and the fact that she will be behind the wheel more than me). I'm enjoying reading the threads here and other forums

• Welcome to the family Wingman ! There's a great group of people here always willing to help with questions and issues. If you haven't already, check out the DIY section. There is a TON of great info in there. Growing up my dad had a Valkyrie. He bought it new in when they were released in 96. He used to let me ride it and I remember the first time I threw a leg over, it felt so massive compared to the CBR900RR I was riding at the time but man once it got going, what an impressive bike. That is still one of my favorite bikes he's owned over the years.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Hello to everyone. Soon to be owner of an SS GT(Next spring). I'm familiar with the SS, have a few friends that own them. Wife and I have settled on getting the GT model. We are looking to get one March 2020 either an 2019 or 2020 model. We are already planning a long trip in June to do a tour of the southern states. Not new to the motorcycle world, currently have a 05 GW Trike, a 2000 Valkyrie (my favorite bike) and a 05 Suzuki Blvd C50. Wife cant ride on the bike anymore due to health reasons, so her new wind therapy will be the SS (and the fact that she will be behind the wheel more than me). I'm enjoying reading the threads here and other forums

Welcome to the world of "Slingshot Insanity".... Check out http://www.SlingshotOwnerGroup.com and http://www.SlingshotRoadsters.com for rallies and events.... You can visit before getting your Slingshot and a couple coming up in AR.

• Welcome to the madness. Please let us know if you find a way to take along rods and tackle with you!

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Welcome Wingman !

Don't want to dash you hopes on hitting the weeds with a worm from the Slingshot...

But, low ground clearance and inability to float large puddles of water put the Slingshot at a large disadvantage for putting fish in the cooler.

But, there's always Captain D's.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Welcome Wingman there is a disease on this forum “ MOD ITIS” ! It is very catchy but with enough seat time, you will learn and find out, YOU WILL NEVER BE CURED!

As far as getting the fish to bite, you just need the right equipment

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Just an update. Wife and I went back to the dealer last night (Sunrise Motorsports, Searcy, AR) to look at the SS line more. At first we wanted the GT, but my spouse found a different type of top that she liked and was not really fond of the Slingshade. We had found the Slinglines Flip Top that she liked more (health reasons limit her body mobility) and she liked how the SS top converts from full top or half top while your traveling. So, we were looking at the SL and the SLR. The SL was about 4K cheaper than the SLR and 6K cheaper than the GT. So, after number crunching, we decided to purchase an SL Icon Monument White. She loves the matte finish of the white. A few upgrades will include the GT seats, adjustable windshield, and the FlipTop. I know the SLR has a few more features, but the SL will more than meet our needs. Should be picking up the newest addition to the family next weekend after I get back from a business trip