Mickey Thompson tire company suprised me last week

• I was in the garage working on the slingshot last week. I was sitting in my office chair just rolling around the slingshot. I got the back tire and remembered that the center part of tread had ripped off the tire a few weeks ago. I got to wondering why this wouldnt be covered under warranty. I know I was spinning when it happened but the center shouldn't tear off. I was at least a little curious what they would say. So I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. I snapped a few pictures of it and sent them to the customer support email address and explained that it was a new tire and it has slung the center if the tread off. And I asked if this was possibly covered under the tire warranty. I also included the May invoice from Summit Racing.

The next day I recieved an email that was awesome...It said "Yes, that would be covered under the warranty. Please contact Summit Racing for a replacement. And it had his name and company title in the email. (By the way, I found out that Mickey Thompson is a Dick Cepek brand). So I forwarded that email response and the same pictures I had sent to Mickey Thompson to summit racing and within an hour I had an email with a UPS tracking number and a new tire on the way.

I guess the moral of the story is to never just assume somthing and that it never hurts to ask.....

• Just curious... Is that a multi compound tire ?

• It's good to know that there is Company's out there that will stand behind their products. Getting fewer and fewer every day.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• I had a similar experience with them. They were super easy to deal with and I had a replacement the next day. Aside from not having found a tire I like better, the customer support and ease of filing a claim is what keeps me buying MTs. That, and I'm hoping someday they'll realize how many tires I go through each season and start sending me free tires once in a while. laugh-squared

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• At first glance, looking at rabtech 's signature, one might take him to be a lazy individual with not much direction.

But, it takes a lot of preparation, work, and drive to lay down a signature like this...

Even on paper!

And everyone knows...

Don't stray outside the painted lines.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS: