Dead accelerator pedal

• That is a new one for me. Not heard of it. Any mods done that might have contributed to this?

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Pull the negative battery wire off....

Here is my free $500 electronics lesson...shortened for the sake of time....

Anything electronic can be reset by unplugging and plugging from the wall....do it at least 5 times ....TVs, computers, printers, vcrs, routers, cable boxes... I do it 10 times...

It couldn’t hurt.....might work, might not.

• I just had my brake pressure switches fixed at dealer (warranty work). Anyway it throws the brake failure light and kills your cruise control never had a problem with the FUN pedal. I don't think the two problems are related.

• If it was mine...

With ignition switch off and during proceedure, do not attempt to start engine.

Disconnect foot pedal connector, throttle body connector, and MAF sensor connector...

Visual check all pins, male and female to insure they are seated in plastic body. Be cognizant of moisture or corrosion. Reconnect all plugs.

If problem returns/continues...

Let us know.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I've had the brake pressure sensors replaced twice now, IIRC. Each time, the only thing really affected was the CC and the light coming on. Turning the engine off and then restarting would allow the CC to again function until I had t make anything more than light use of the brakes. The sensors never caused any problem with the gas pedal.

• When The catastrophic brake light comes on it always disables the cruise control...it’s a safety feature. The accelerator still should function normally.

The accelerator pedal issue could be its own problem unrelated to the brake light. I think There are 5 different sensors in the accelerator pedal.

• took it for 20 mile ride and everything works no parts used,must have been moisture in engine compartment because I have the metal vents in my hood and I never water on on hood on spray wax ,dealer detail guy didn't know about vent and flooded engine compartment, but everything that ends well is good,dealer we never clean again, thanks for all the help.