~ {{ Pix & Video of 2020 Slingshot (2021?) Next Generation Slingshot.

• wonder will Polaris release some rear shots before the 14th?

Looks like all the new parts on the front will bolt right up to the current Slingshot, although I am not sure how they are doing the hood release with the new center light, can't see a lever like on the current model.

Also, noticed a silver bracket in the front view that is not on the current Slingshot, not sure what that is either -

looks somehow unfinished....

• May have just found the new hood latch since the center light is in the way of the old one.

noticed that also when editing that pic, definitely looks like a part of the grill is cut out there for something and it would be pretty easy to retrofit the handle to that location and still retain the rest of the current hood release.

• While I've been called Mr. Negativity at times in my life, but somehow i can't wrap my mind around the color combination of the robins egg blue and orange combo on the 2020 Slingshot used in the marketing video. To each his own I guess, Since they've done away with the ecotec engine, does that mean you'll never see another FAST RED Slingshot coming off the assembly line?

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• The major changes look to be the auto trans and those LEDs with new cluster. We all know the auto transmission is to appeal to the market. The LEDs are a toss up they can either be high quality LED assembly or cheap quality like. I honestly don’t see a reason to upgrade specially if they get rid of a proper manual tranny altogether. If i wanted an auto I would of gotten a Vanderhall. To those saying an auto is better why even bother buying a toy like this?

• Us "old schooler's" with the round headlights will be the focus of envy when we change out a "bulb" and not a zillion dollars front headlight assembly I am guessing. Ya I'm partial to my SS and all and perhaps the new ones will grow on me but for now kinda looking at the new ones as wellllll we'll see....

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• While I've been called Mr. Negativity at times in my life, but somehow i can't wrap my mind around the color combination of the robins egg blue and orange combo on the 2020 Slingshot used in the marketing video. To each his own I guess, Since they've done away with the ecotec engine, does that mean you'll never see another FAST RED Slingshot coming off the assembly line?

Maybe a tribute to the Gulf Oil colors?

• Us "old schooler's" with the round headlights will be the focus of envy when we change out a "bulb" and not a zillion dollars front headlight assembly I am guessing. Ya I'm partial to my SS and all and perhaps the new ones will grow on me but for now kinda looking at the new ones as wellllll we'll see....

That was why I bought Sling II, money saved on a backup. Maybe one day I will sell Sling I.

• From my perspective, once a Slingshot gets boosted, an automatic starts making more sense since most automatics, when properly set up, will out-accelerate a manual transmission. First gear on the Slingshot has always seemed to top out too quickly and wants to spin too easily and the shifting process seems to lose too much speed, no matter how quickly I try to shift. Sometimes I try to avoid the loss by just starting in 2nd gear since there's more headroom before 2nd requires a shift to 3rd.

• From my perspective, once a Slingshot gets boosted, an automatic starts making more sense since most automatics, when properly set up, will out-accelerate a manual transmission. First gear on the Slingshot has always seemed to top out too quickly and wants to spin too easily and the shifting process seems to lose too much speed, no matter how quickly I try to shift. Sometimes I try to avoid the loss by just starting in 2nd gear since there's more headroom before 2nd requires a shift to 3rd.

In the Jersey flatlands I'll 2nd. that thought! Hah :). I rarely use 1st. gear. In the mountains it's a bit different.

• Update to my earlier post -

"

From my perspective, once a Slingshot gets boosted, an automatic starts making more sense since most automatics, when properly set up, will out-accelerate a manual transmission. First gear on the Slingshot has always seemed to top out too quickly and wants to spin too easily and the shifting process seems to lose too much speed, no matter how quickly I try to shift. Sometimes I try to avoid the loss by just starting in 2nd gear since there's more headroom before 2nd requires a shift to 3rd."

Unfortunately, Dave's video shows the AutoDrive to produce slower acceleration due to the slow-shifting of the AutoDrive mechanism. It will be interesting to see how the more powerful engine in the R models (AutoDrive or Manual) will perform compared to the old 2.4L Ecotec.

IF Polaris used a high quality LED headlight, they will outlast the "old schoolers". That is one of the benefits of a good LED.

Send lawyers, guns and money!