~ {{ Pix & Video of 2020 Slingshot (2021?) Next Generation Slingshot.

• You may want to look at some advancements in the Hydro world. Many of your arguments regarding Hydro sound very similar to the arguments against electric.... Just saying.... https://www.vox.com/energy-and…gy-economy-hytech-storage

Sorry but my advanced degree in engineering tells me that fuel-cell tech is a cost prohibitive, inefficient and dangerous dead-end technology. Just because the exhaust is pure water and the tech has had celebrity status in NASA does not make it right. Remember we are talking about a compressed tank of explodable gas stowed in a car, okay. What part of ass-backward does this not show?

Battery electric vehicles that can be purely supported by renewable energy (in one own's home for pete's sake) and is currently in use in 100s of thousands of cars with a proven track record (of close to 15 years) tells me it's the right way to go. It's foolish to invest into fuel-cell, Honda now realizes this and Toyota will soon follow suit.

No way is this similar to the dead-end and dangerous tech of fuel cell.

Come on use common sense, why would you introduce a combustible gas into a electrical system that already gets the job done (and very efficiently at that).

That article you cite continuously throws in diesel as a comparison as if to make fuel cell look better since anything next to diesel does look better and cleaner by default. :)

This article smacks of big oil propaganda to push hydrogen gas. Because in the end you will still need to supplement additional fuel sources to get enough electrical current to produce hydrogen gas in viable quantities which defeats the purpose of just relying on renewable energy..

• Almost four pages of nothing to do with the upcoming 2020 Slingshot.

Little late to request a new thread on vehicle tech power and preferrences.

The 2020 model will be gas powered, probably automatic, with small panel and lighting changes.

Engine and tranny specific mods...

Well, if you bought 'em, you still got 'em for the previous year models.

And since we're now rapidly rolling up on the end of September with no "See your dealer for details"...

I suspect we won't see sales of the 2020 model until the first quarter of 2020.

Waiting to see where the line starts...

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Almost four pages of nothing to do with the upcoming 2020 Slingshot.

Little late to request a new thread on vehicle tech power and preferrences.

Yeah, it's just wrong for a thread to stray off topic talking about new propulsion pro and cons and upcoming competition offerings. I mean looking at all the postings on this board you never see a thread adding more to a discussion like this. This needs to stop. :rolleyes: Now back to the 2020 sling and all the info that hasn't been talked about.

• I happened to talk to a Polaris tech and he says 2020 models only comes in automatic transmission, let's stay tuned.

• I happened to talk to a Polaris tech and he says 2020 models only comes in automatic transmission, let's stay tuned.

Another reason for going ahead a buying a 2016 Sling now with 9,000 miles on it. I could not beat the price either, that was also another reason I went ahead and bought now. 91,000 miles on Sling I

• Another reason for going ahead a buying a 2016 Sling now with 9,000 miles on it. I could not beat the price either, that was also another reason I went ahead and bought now. 91,000 miles on Sling I

And you can sell your Sling 1 for what you paid for Sling 2.... good move.

• Hope this hasn't been posted already, but I came across this article in Motorcycle.com - https://www.motorcycle.com/min…tomatic-transmission.html. From the article - "The cooling system patent application mentions, both in illustrations and in the patent text, a clutch pedal, so we should expect the new Slingshot will offer a choice of both manual and automatic transmissions. None of these patents describe the transmissions in any detail, but we can report that Polaris has recently filed a trademark application for the name “Autodrive” for use on “transmissions for three-wheeled motor vehicles for on road use.”"

• Hope this hasn't been posted already, but I came across this article in Motorcycle.com - https://www.motorcycle.com/min…tomatic-transmission.html. From the article - "The cooling system patent application mentions, both in illustrations and in the patent text, a clutch pedal, so we should expect the new Slingshot will offer a choice of both manual and automatic transmissions. None of these patents describe the transmissions in any detail, but we can report that Polaris has recently filed a trademark application for the name “Autodrive” for use on “transmissions for three-wheeled motor vehicles for on road use.”"

that’s not an ecotek motor either...

• I wonder (and probably already asked in here) if the headlights are retrofitted for the older models..

Good Q.

Somehow I think the new headlights tends to have a "trying-too-hard-ultra-high-tech" look. But I might change my find if I see the real 2020 models in the future. Just my 0.02.

However, I still do like the current headlights better (especially with my mods like LED day-time-parking lights, C/F components & On-And-Off features) IMHO of course :-)

take 1:

take 2:

day light:

Cheers! :-)

Who's with me?

• The steering wheel mounted controls will be really nice, as long as you keep the stock steering wheel. Changing out to aftermarket steering wheels is going to be tougher than before with the new wheels, and same with quick disconnects.

As for the lights, I am waiting to see it in person, some of those details do not show well in pics, sometimes anyway.

• Few updated pictures from Polaris today, let's start with the new button, I guess you can STOP the motor by pressing the button now which is cool in my book:

Side mirror is unchanged:

Somehow I am still not feeling the new center lights, but that could be just me, hope it looks better in person:

The side lights looks a bit better than the center IMHO (Still think they could do better):

The model driven in the new video is definitively NOT a manual transmission:

Here's a front shot (Lights Off):

Here's a front shot (Lights On):

They add factory Front End Side Grille Fillers (I hope this won't slow the vehicle down on higher speed by worsening the drag coefficient):

What are your thoughts?

• Looks like all the new parts on the front will bolt right up to the current Slingshot, although I am not sure how they are doing the hood release with the new center light, can't see a lever like on the current model.

Also, noticed a silver bracket in the front view that is not on the current Slingshot, not sure what that is either -