~ {{ Pix & Video of 2020 Slingshot (2021?) Next Generation Slingshot.

• This is soooooooooooooooo funny where the 2020 models have yet to be released on both of our newer vehicles and, on both, the predictions are all over the map. I have a sneaking suspicion that after all of this anticipation the final product is going to be oh so underwhelming and anti-climatic!! ;)

Bill

• Well, the change of engines is a fact, but they are not going to be using the Ford power plant. They will be using a Polaris built engine. Nobody will confirm, but talk was that they were going to have the Razor 1000 Turbo as one choice as well as something else as a base model. Time will tell as any traceable leaks back to the mother ship will be severely dealt with

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Well I won't reveal my source then, to save him/her from any trouble. Seems you feel it's bad info anyway.

I love my 5 speed but I wonder if the automatic will be a CVT (or P.V.T. as Polaris likes to call them). That would kinda suck.

• In opening sales to people who cant be bothered to learn to drive a manual they may be risking putting Slingshots in the hands of more inexperienced drivers who will then have more accidents and drive up insurance costs for others. more may be better for their sales, but it may not be better for you and me

just a thought

The Auto Trans. will change their whole market for the SS.

• Well, the change of engines is a fact, but they are not going to be using the Ford power plant. They will be using a Polaris built engine. Nobody will confirm, but talk was that they were going to have the Razor 1000 Turbo as one choice as well as something else as a base model.

How many years now has the prediction been for the following year that there will be a change in engine? An automatic transmission? One of these years that prediction is bound to become true!

Actually, I am kinda hoping for both, for then that will just keep our 2015 more valuable! :thumbsup:

Bill

• No MT offered will be a mistake. No real reason it could not be offered alongside an auto or CVT.

I have also wondered when or if an electric version would or could be offered. Loose drive train keep one drive motor. Batteries in front and where gas tank is located. Although the rear gas tank location is sitting rather high for good CG. Brings me to another point I have always wondered about for better handling. Relocation of gas tank into two set low in the two rear storage cubbies would bring the rear weight location much lower and in line with most of the vehicle.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• No MT offered will be a mistake. No real reason it could not be offered alongside an auto or CVT.

Brings me to another point I have always wondered about for better handling. Relocation of gas tank into two set low in the two rear storage cubbies would bring the rear weight location much lower and in line with most of the vehicle.

I'm not sure it would make much difference. A full tank is only 60lbs.

I have also wondered when or if an electric version would or could be offered. Loose drive train keep one drive motor. Batteries in front and where gas tank is located. Although the rear gas tank location is sitting rather high for good CG. Brings me to another point I have always wondered about for better handling. Relocation of gas tank into two set low in the two rear storage cubbies would bring the rear weight location much lower and in line with most of the vehicle.

If polaris came out with an electric version of this sexy beast (with no belt drive) I would buy it in a heartbeat. It's the only reason I will be trading in my beloved batmobile for an electric vanderhall ($35k) at the end of next year.

0 to 60 in 4 seconds (no turbo needed) for the vanderhall, no oil changes, no gas, no tune ups, charge at home for pennies on the dollar, no obnoxious belt noises or belt adjustments, nuff said. BTW I have owned an electric car for 7 years now, greatest effing car I have ever owned (240 miles on a full tank of charge).

Something tells me polaris has no plans for electric for at least 5 years, it's just a hunch.

• Polaris won't go electric until they can make money from it. 5 years is a reasonable estimate. But I wouldn't put money on it...

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Electric might be great for a family car, but I am not sure I would like it in a slingshot - seems boring that there would be no performance mods and personally the one thing that makes the vanderhalls a no go in my book is front wheel drive - - I hate front wheel drive. one of my greatest joys is stomping on the gas in my sling and power oversteering through a corner

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Just a different type of performance mod. look at what people are doing with their Tesla's to mod them, race them, etc.

I wouldn't mind getting an electric slingshot, but it would be a 2nd one. However, the lack of easy charging on back roads where the twisties are, would limit what you could do with it. I'm assuming the range wouldn't be that great either, but if they could partner with Tesla and get their great tech, it might be good.

neostar what's the range going to be on the vanderhall?