~ {{ Pix & Video of 2020 Slingshot (2021?) Next Generation Slingshot.

• Guys, here's the video of the 2020 (perhaps 2021 depends how Polaris wants to play it), skip to the 55min mark to see it:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=679322439208874

Here are a few screenshots of that video:

98427-pasted-from-clipboard-png

I think it looks more advanced for starters and I don't know if I like the automatic transmission though, I was hoping they can add a 6-speed manual.

Thoughts?

• rabtech

• Jimmy540i

Changed the title of the thread from “(Pix & Video) of 2020 (2021?) Next Generation Slingshot.” to “~ {{ Pix & Video of 2020 (2021?) Next Generation Slingshot.”.
  • One thing that stood out is the console being more vertical. Polaris designers finally realized the angled console simply fails with a lot of sun angles. I suspect they had the console angle change at the top of their list for the refresh. Don't see how they can sit on this update till '21. They just need to bite the bullet and discount preceding years to move the inventory.

• One thing that stood out is the console being more vertical. Polaris designers finally realized the angled console simply fails with a lot of sun angles. I suspect they had the console angle change at the top of their list for the refresh. Don't see how they can sit on this update till '21. They just need to bite the bullet and discount preceding years to move the inventory.

unless inventories gets unsold then they would push 1 mo' year just sayin'

• Jimmy540i

Changed the title of the thread from “~ {{ Pix & Video of 2020 (2021?) Next Generation Slingshot.” to “~ {{ Pix & Video of 2020 Slingshot (2021?) Next Generation Slingshot.”.
  • Jimmy540i if I am not mistaken rabtech asked that these pictures not be posted here

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I think it's pretty common knowledge that it's a 4 banger, not a GM powerplant, but a Polaris designed one.

I've heard both 1.8L and 2.0L thrown around, not enough to matter. With the Turbo, 210 hp is what I was told.

Hopefully we'll know soon with an official announcement.

• Are they going to beta test? I would drive it for free if they picked me as a beta driver. I like the idea of an automatic, opens sale up to those that never learned to drive a manual. Would also stop the worry of wearing out the clutch down shifting.:evil:

LC

• Are they going to beta test? I would drive it for free if they picked me as a beta driver. I like the idea of an automatic, opens sale up to those that never learned to drive a manual. Would also stop the worry of wearing out the clutch down shifting.:evil:

LC

In opening sales to people who cant be bothered to learn to drive a manual they may be risking putting Slingshots in the hands of more inexperienced drivers who will then have more accidents and drive up insurance costs for others. more may be better for their sales, but it may not be better for you and me

just a thought

• In opening sales to people who cant be bothered to learn to drive a manual they may be risking putting Slingshots in the hands of more inexperienced drivers who will then have more accidents and drive up insurance costs for others. more may be better for their sales, but it may not be better for you and me

just a thought

True, but it could be the difference between the brand living or dying...

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• True, but it could be the difference between the brand living or dying...

It may sound harsh, but as long as they keep making repair parts I am not sure I care - I plan on keeping the one i have until one of us dies

• It may sound harsh, but as long as they keep making repair parts I am not sure I care - I plan on keeping the one i have until one of us dies

Same with me. I have a 1985 Kawasaki GPz750 I bought in 1986, a 1980 Jeep CJ5 I bought in 1989 and the wife has a 1973 Mustang she owned when we started dating in 1985. I'm not the type to turn my non-daily-driver rigs over too often.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• One thing I noticed that's a little bit weird are the shifter buttons on the center console. At least I assume those are shifter buttons and it's a pushbutton automatic. Every automatic transmission I've ever seen has at least 4 selections: Park, Reverse, Neutral and Drive. The Sling console pictured has only three buttons. Reverse, Neutral and Drive are obviously needed. Did they do away with the Park selection ? Why on earth would they do that ?

Just idly speculating with minimal information like everybody else at this point.........................

• According to some people that think the advent of an automatic is going to bring a class of people that somehow can't shift a stick is going to cause our insurance rates to go up because they are sub standard drivers. So maybe Polaris took the reverse out because these people are also to stupid to back up.

Actually my thinking is maybe the park function is activated by turning off the ignition or setting the parking brake, or even putting the transmission in the neutral. Something has to be a safety to protect against in gear starts.

LC

• I still wonder if this thing has an airbag in it - - sure looks to me like it could and also it would seem to be reasonable considering the proposed federal autocycle law will mandate airbags if ever passed

unfortunately if it does that would mean the end to switching out the steering wheel for a nicer one

98426-pasted-from-clipboard-png

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().