• Interesting. Farm Bureau of Tennessee does cover mine. It’s about $143 every 6 months. I have a ‘16 Ram 2500, ‘17 Mazda 3, ‘16 Denali travel trailer plus the Sling. I also have the house covered by FB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My agent here never even heard about a Slingshot.So he called HQ and they told him not to insure it.I have 14 Jeep Grand Cherokee,19 Ram Limited and my home over 17 years with them.Never thought I would be buying something that they would not insure.

• Very few of the insurance companies will insure the Slingshot. And some companies will in one state and not in another. My policy with Dan (Texas) is a stand alone policy.

I'll be fine with that if it's a good rate for the right coverage.I am happy with FB other than what they did today.I am willing to change and bundle if need be as well.

Everyone has been so helpful tonight,so much info. and picking my spirits back up to go get this thing.

• Thank you all for the replies and info..I will be on the phone a lot today looks like...LOL

Y'all help me sleep last night for sure,was blown away the FB would not insure it and Progressive was an insane rate.Good to know if I shop around I should be able to afford insurance on it.

• Don't forget you can get even with the insurance companies by grabbing a GECKO and strangling the living shit out of him. We have plenty here in Florida if you want a few. My cat brings at least 3 in every week for an at sea burial

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• My agent here never even heard about a Slingshot.So he called HQ and they told him not to insure it.I have 14 Jeep Grand Cherokee,19 Ram Limited and my home over 17 years with them.Never thought I would be buying something that they would not insure.

The reason they are going bat shit crazy is they see 2384cc.....they consider that a high performance motorcycle....like it’s a racing bike...it’s almost twice as big as a Harley.

They are not educated in the real facts. They have not investigated a slingshot. Some idiot saw the motor size and flipped out.

• I had the same issues when I first got my Slingshot with very high quotes, but I ended up with Allstate and under $600 a year.

My advice when you are calling around is that the first thing you ask any agent is if they know what the Slingshot is - if they don't, hang up and call someone else until you find someone who knows.

the problem I think is that when they dont know they look it up and see "motorcycle" and then they start plugging in numbers like displacement of the engine to see if its a "super bike" if they dont know exactly what the Slingshot is and think it is just another bike with our 2,348cc it looks like the biggest baddest bike they have ever seen

Find an agent who knows what the slingshot is and preferably someone who has clients with Slingshots

good luck and please let me know what you find

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Unfortunately, the agent does not set the rates. That is determined by an underwriter and actuary in corporate. 😕.

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Unfortunately, the agent does not set the rates. That is determined by an underwriter and actuary in corporate. 😕.

I think its a matter of the agent knowing how to fill out the forms to get the best rate. In California a motorcycle license is not required for the slingshot, but almost every agent I talked to that didnt know this asked if I had one and when I said no the rates shot up. when I finally found a good agent he said he could eliminate that question because it was not applicable and when he did the rates dropped like a rock

like you said the agent cant change the rate, but if they dont know what they need to know they cant get you properly classified for the best rate

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Just like lawyers.....they already know they are getting some money from your case....why work any harder to get a few more pennies....

I wrote another policy....who cares if I got him the best rate....I’m getting my money...

Sometimes it’s not ignorance ....it’s just being ignorant.

actually most agencies have an automated underwriter software that spits out policies based on the provided criteria by the agents, so if an uninformed agent "checks" the wrong boxes when filling a request it will result in a erroneous policy, normally a human underwriter doesn't revise the policies unless there are flags indicating them to do so.

For example back in 2016 when I asked my local statefarm agent for a quote who told me that they wouldn't insure it and I posted about that just like the OP on the TDS(didn't know about this site back then) and several people were kind enough to post their redacted Statefarm binders so I could use that as "proof" that state farm did insure them.

I printed them and headed back to my agent and he was completely dumbstruck since he was obviously doing something wrong even though he had been an agent for state farm for over 20 years, after a lot of back and fort on the phone with HQ they figured it out and he wrote my policy for under $400 for the year.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• What a day...Me and the wife called several of these agencies y'all provided.It was so helpful and I can not think y'all enough for the info and advice.

Ended up with Allstate at $442.00 a year.

Thanks again everyone...I would not have went any further with this without y'alls help.Hopefully soon I will be able to contribute to the forum rather than take.

• What a day...Me and the wife called several of these agencies y'all provided.It was so helpful and I can not think y'all enough for the info and advice.

Ended up with Allstate at $442.00 a year.

Thanks again everyone...I would not have went any further with this without y'alls help.Hopefully soon I will be able to contribute to the forum rather than take.

SC Slinger ,

If you don’t mind me asking, which Allstate agency did you purchase your policy from? Is it in our local area? Anderson/Belton?

Thanks

:SUNSETSS: