• New here and to Slingshot.Been renting for a few weeks and now I am ready to bite the bullet and get one of my own.Found the one I want 4 hours away from me, got the deal worked out,called about the taxes,then the insurance.Well, come to find out that my insurance company Farm Bureau will not insure it.Called progressive,they want $2,000 a year with under insured and $1,300 without under insured.This is insane!!

So my question is...Are rates normally this high for someone in the mid 40's with a clean driving record for over 10 years??

Thanks in advance for any info. on this matter....

• New here and to Slingshot.Been renting for a few weeks and now I am ready to bite the bullet and get one of my own.Found the one I want 4 hours away from me, got the deal worked out,called about the taxes,then the insurance.Well, come to find out that my insurance company Farm Bureau will not insure it.Called progressive,they want $2,000 a year with under insured and $1,300 without under insured.This is insane!!

So my question is...Are rates normally this high for someone in the mid 40's with a clean driving record for over 10 years??

State Farm

• I pay $510 a year full coverage with USAA (Underwritten by Progressive since it's classified as a motorcycle).

2K, that's insane for an SS.

Not sure why progressive give me that quote.I am glad I am seeing these lower rates,for a minute I just thought it is what it is with these things.

• I pay $450 a year for full coverage on a stand alone policy where the Sling is the only thing covered. I went through that same crap when I got mine. Shop around shop around.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• Even though Randy Frye is in Bristol Va, he has covered allot of people in Tennessee and other places. Google Frye Insurance and give him a call. I've sent allot of people his way and they all have been pleased. He is a customer of mine and has been for close to ten years.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• Even though Randy Frye is in Bristol Va, he has covered allot of people in Tennessee and other places. Google Frye Insurance and give him a call. I've sent allot of people his way and they all have been pleased. He is a customer of mine and has been for close to ten years.

Awesome!! Will do and thank you.

Stop by your local State Farm agent and have them give you a quote for all your policies, their combined price will be cheaper than everyone else out there as long as you have a clean record and good credit score.

My Slingshot policy is $349 a year with 100/300/100 coverage(tow and rental in there too) and $250 deductible

The main thing about state farm is that without bundling their prices are higher than everyone else but once you apply the multi line/car discount it gets cheaper quick.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Stop by your local State Farm agent and have them give you a quote for all your policies, their combined price will be cheaper than everyone else out there as long as you have a clean record and good credit score.

My Slingshot policy is $349 a year with 100/300/100 coverage(tow and rental in there too) and $250 deductible

The main thing about state farm is that without bundling their prices are higher than everyone else but once you apply the multi line/car discount it gets cheaper quick.

They are on my list to call.Looks like I am going to have to drop Farm Bureau since I have two autos and home with them and most likely who ever I go with will be better like you said with a bundle.Thank you for your info....I am happy I am seeing some reasonable rates on here.Broke my heart about the insurance deal after I have a good deal pending on a Sling.

Check with Dan in Texas..... Been doing insurance in many state since Slingshot day one...

pasted-from-clipboard.png

Dan Herrera

TWFG Insurance Services

(832) 364-6630 phone

(832) 412-3195facsimile

sales@buymotorcycleinsurance.com

www.buymotorcycleinsurance.com

I have full coverage with Dan at $325.00

Interesting. Farm Bureau of Tennessee does cover mine. It’s about $143 every 6 months. I have a ‘16 Ram 2500, ‘17 Mazda 3, ‘16 Denali travel trailer plus the Sling. I also have the house covered by FB. My whole auto/trailer policy runs me about $945 every 6 months because of a claim I had on the trailer a couple of years ago. Had a tire blow out in Birmingham. .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Will add him to the call list...Thank you!!