4 wheel review...sort of

• Congrats on the new setup Grant! I guess I'm going to have to make my way out to Colorado and set eyes on this myself. Having just run some drags up in Canada, I'm wondering what this will do for your times. The one turbo in our group had a heck of a time launching and I think the quad would make it much quicker and more manageable.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Congrats on the new setup Grant! I guess I'm going to have to make my way out to Colorado and set eyes on this myself. Having just run some drags up in Canada, I'm wondering what this will do for your times. The one turbo in our group had a heck of a time launching and I think the quad would make it much quicker and more manageable.

I just ordered a Dragy from Amazon. A friend of mine that has a GTR told me the Dragy is was extremely accurate compared to the times he has had at the track. So...I will have some times here pretty soon.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

While traction is an obvious gain, another great feature many miss in the first glance of a quad kit is the better handling on the roads at high speed, as the inherent issue of the Slingshot's rear centerline tire always trying to roll downhill off the crown of the road and constantly having to be corrected for is alleviated .

Since the Slingshot is a basically good handling vehicle many of us don't recognize this shortfall as we are constantly subconsciously correcting for it, Just as many don't recognize that they are having to turn the handlebars right while leaning left on a motorcycle to make a coordinated left turn then subconsciously recovering as any turn in a motorcycle is a series of falls and recoveries.

That inherent shortfall in a reverse trike configuration is unavoidable, and well worth overlooking as the Slingshot has many great attributes. But by adding a Quad Conversion the experience only gets better !

• While traction is an obvious gain, another great feature many miss in the first glance of a quad kit is the better handling on the roads at high speed, as the inherent issue of the Slingshot's rear centerline tire always trying to roll downhill off the crown of the road and constantly having to be corrected for is alleviated .

Since the Slingshot is a basically good handling vehicle many of us don't recognize this shortfall as we are constantly subconsciously correcting for it, Just as many don't recognize that they are having to turn the handlebars right while leaning left on a motorcycle to make a coordinated left turn then subconsciously recovering as any turn in a motorcycle is a series of falls and recoveries.

That inherent shortfall in a reverse trike configuration is unavoidable, and well worth overlooking as the Slingshot has many great attributes. But by adding a Quad Conversion the experience only gets better !

I agree completely. I have now been in 3 rain/hail storms...and I can say that I had no fear of losing control of the Sling in any of storms. No more of the rear tire trying to find one rut or another and pulling me in all directions.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• While traction is an obvious gain, another great feature many miss in the first glance of a quad kit is the better handling on the roads at high speed, as the inherent issue of the Slingshot's rear centerline tire always trying to roll downhill off the crown of the road and constantly having to be corrected for is alleviated .

I have never even noticed that, 87,000 miles and counting. I WILL be on the PLUS side of 90,000 miles before the summer is over

• lol FunCycle, heres a test for you, just get on a long stretch of straightaway . point the sling straight down the road, Then start driving at about 60mph with the steering wheel held in one exact position for straight ahead, lol, see if you make it 200 yards with out going onto the shoulder. On a perfectly flat , machined smooth road you could go a long way without having to adjust the wheel , but on roads like we have its constant slight pressure adjustments, So what Im saying is, it's less with a quad because a lot of it on a worn road with the center crowned has a lot to do with the rear wanted to track in the direction of the slope . I know its minimal and easily corrected for with the slightest of inputs on the wheel , but its less inputs required in a quad . Not Saying the slingshot isn't a good handling machine , that's obvious to anybody who has ever ran behind you in the twisties, just saying with a quad you'd notice a little better handling . I,ll set Kyle up with one next year and maybe he'll be able to keep up this time . lmao.

• lol FunCycle, heres a test for you, just get on a long stretch of straightaway . point the sling straight down the road, Then start driving at about 60mph with the steering wheel held in one exact position for straight ahead, lol, see if you make it 200 yards with out going onto the shoulder. On a perfectly flat , machined smooth road you could go a long way without having to adjust the wheel , but on roads like we have its constant slight pressure adjustments, So what Im saying is, it's less with a quad because a lot of it on a worn road with the center crowned has a lot to do with the rear wanted to track in the direction of the slope . I know its minimal and easily corrected for with the slightest of inputs on the wheel , but its less inputs required in a quad . Not Saying the slingshot isn't a good handling machine , that's obvious to anybody who has ever ran behind you in the twisties, just saying with a quad you'd notice a little better handling . I,ll set Kyle up with one next year and maybe he'll be able to keep up this time . lmao.

Hell my Pontiac TA does that