Hello from Munich, Bavaria

• Welcome to the nut house !!!!!

you are going to love this place, best people in the world :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Welcome to the madness! Careful, the members here love to help you spend your money.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• How's the Slingshot handle on wet cobblestones? :D

The Wife and took a Rhine/Danube cruise a few years ago and I remember seeing lots of motorcycles in Nuremberg. Looked like a decent place to live. Not too big, but not too small. We also finally got back to Berlin a couple years ago for the first time in 40 years for a Baltic cruise out of Warnemuende. Some of the smaller side streets looked like they might be a pain due to the Slingshot's wide front end. My Wife always liked German food (Schnitzel and spaetzle) while I've always preferred currywurst & broetchen. I ate some a couple times per day during our stay in Berlin.

• Bremerhaven, Germany was my favorite stop in 1970

In 1976, my Wife and I took the US Army Duty train from Berlin to Bremerhaven where we took delivery of our brand new 1976 Pontiac Trans AM (White, but I stupidly didn't order the Firebird decal for the hood) and then drove it back thru East Germany to West Berlin, having to stop at the Russian checkpoints as we entered East Germany and just before we got to Berlin. SOP is to stop at the checkpoint, give the Russian officer your Travel Orders, get them back and proceed without talking to anyone there. As we pulled up to the parking area, I could see the Russian soldier standing outside the shack really wanted to look at the Trans Am, but he stayed at Attention. The Russian Officer inside the shack broke protocol by opening the window, pointing at our car and yelled out, "Trans Am!" He clearly knew what it was. As we pulled away, I dropped a couple cigars out my window and as the gate was raised for us to proceed, I saw the Russian soldier quickly step over and retrieve the cigars!

Unfortunately, we were timed during our travel thru East Germany and would be given a ticket by the US authorities if we took too long or too short a time for the trip, so we had to proceed casually at the prescribed speed limit. I have fond memories of the Russian officer shouting out , "Trans Am!" Certainly not what any of us ever expected.

• Welcom to the family. Good to meet another V2K rider. Miss mine still. Love my Sling, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter