Backup camera not working

• Ok. I have a 2017 slingshot sl. I bought the kit from sling mods to put a aftermarket radio in with the factory backup camera. I put in a pioneer 5201 nex and the backup camera wouldn't work. There kit from slingmods had a jumper with relay that went inline with the trans backup harness. That worked to trigger the radio into backup screen but still no video. So I did some tests on my own and I had to add a ground wire inline on the black wire on the yellow rca plug that came with the after market radio kit from slingmods. Put my jumper wire to radio ground and now had video. Make sure your output for the backup camera in the radio settings i also turned on. Hope this helps.

• Ok. I have a 2017 slingshot sl. I bought the kit from sling mods to put a aftermarket radio in with the factory backup camera. I put in a pioneer 5201 nex and the backup camera wouldn't work. There kit from slingmods had a jumper with relay that went inline with the trans backup harness. That worked to trigger the radio into backup screen but still no video. So I did some tests on my own and I had to add a ground wire inline on the black wire on the yellow rca plug that came with the after market radio kit from slingmods. Put my jumper wire to radio ground and now had video. Make sure your output for the backup camera in the radio settings i also turned on. Hope this helps.

I have the same radio, and Im having the same issue. Can you elaborate on what you mean. How did you add a ground to the RCA cable? Thanx in advance.