My batmobile vision is now complete...

• Ever since I brought my 2019 SL home a couple of months ago, I knew I would turn her into a true batmobile someday. Might as well since it was being called a batmobile already.

My inspiration was the first car toy I ever had as a kid. When I was 6, my mom bought me the 1960s batmobile toy and I fell in love with it (played with it to death) even though I still didn't know who batman was. Of course I grew up to become a comic book nerd but that car really stuck in my mind after all these years. Fast forward many decades and I decided it's time to make my toy come to life as best I could without paying 100k+ for a custom Barris replica.

Image result for 1960s batmobile

My vision is now complete...

To say this has been turning heads would be an understatement. I literally had a guy pull-over (like I was a cop with a siren) and let me pass by so he could take it all in. I especially get a chuckle when I see folks pulled up next to me at the stoplight transfixed at the wheels. Needless to say, out of 20 slingshots I have seen locally at gatherings only one has tried an old-school wheel look everyone else is sticking with stock or modern thin-spoke low-profile designs.

I plan to visit the local comic-con in va beach later this year and see if I am lucky enough to spot a young stud in a high quality batman suit. If I get that lucky I will see if he wants to do a video shoot with the sling and post it on youtube for massive views. I also plan to crash the local car shows. Should have no probs getting a parking spot I think.

• It looks good, but it really needs to have the double bubble windshields to finish it off

Yeah I know of the one that is out there (nicely priced) for older slinghots but I am holding out hoping for a nicer version to come out from a 3rd party. The madstad one is tempting but pricey and too many adjustment fittings to spoil the clean look. Still I might consider it down the road, just wish it was no more than $300.

• nice, where did you get the orange stripping, or did you cut it yourself?

I've got the decal on the front and the tires, but would love to do the stripping.

I had it professionally done. I figure the best shop to do it would be those that do graphics on commercial trucks. They gave me a great price compared to the custom shops that specialize in modding/striping high-end cars etc. I saved about 30-40% doing it this way. Got a great warranty on the materials and labor too.

• Yeah I know of the one that is out there (nicely priced) for older slinghots but I am holding out hoping for a nicer version to come out from a 3rd party. The madstad one is tempting but pricey and too many adjustment fittings to spoil the clean look. Still I might consider it down the road, just wish it was no more than $300.

Try this set on eBay. They're asking $99 or make an offer and it has free shipping. That's a deal for a new set. i paid $325 for my set back in 2015

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Winds…e40cd3:g:MHgAAOSwEAtdLDns

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I had it professionally done. I figure the best shop to do it would be those that do graphics on commercial trucks. They gave me a great price compared to the custom shops that specialize in modding/striping high-end cars etc. I saved about 30-40% doing it this way. Got a great warranty on the materials and labor too.

makes sense, I'll check a couple local shops. plenty of logging / over the road truck detailers around me.

and I know of someone who has an extra double bubble a couple of towns over. I'll have to give him a call.

• I have to say that I really love those wheels its a very nice look :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Somebody found double bubbles pretty cheap. Like $60.

yes - I got the OEM double bubbles on Amazon for $65 - - came in the Polaris factory box.

I got them here - Polaris OEM double bubble windshield kit

I guess they came standard on the orange 2015 slingshot - I really love them the added air circulation is on our hot summer days is very much appreciated. I have actually been thinking of ordering another set just to have a spare - at $65 it seems like it might be a good idea.

• I actually was offered that set for free but turned it down because I don't think it will fit on the 2019. I might have to ask the owner again to see if I can test them out.

It is a clean simple look that compliments the theme well.

• I actually was offered that set for free but turned it down because I don't think it will fit on the 2019. I might have to ask the owner again to see if I can test them out.

Windshield mounts haven't changed that I'm aware of, when you order a windshield on our vendors, it says they fit any year model. Maybe all of the wellnuts are not there depending on what you have now and may have to order a couple for the inside mounts.

from what I understand the mounting is the same for all years - the fact that the madstad adjustable windshields use the same factory mounting holes and they fit every year would seem to confirm this

If you are still unsure it would be very easy to check. the outside mounting of the double bubbles is the same as the standard windshield, so we know that will work so just pop off the center trip peice and verify that the other hole is there, if it is the double bubbles will fit

here are some snaps showing the mounting holes

i-4hK89qt-X2.jpg

i-8ckkH9x-X2.jpg

the plastic trim that covers the center dash just pops off by pulling up on the front edge

• .......Well if there's one thing I know from watching every original episode , is that when Commissioner Gordon wanted to summon Batman other than using the Bat Phone it was by way of shining that Bat signal in the sky ..........This will really set you apart ........ And what You've done so far is outstanding .......

Someone on here I believe has a thread about installing these in the bottom of the mirrors

https://www.carfitg.com/produc…05mW90wrFHUhoCbEsQAvD_BwE

• ......here you go

Install Projector / Puddle lights INSIDE the OEM mirrors.

I plan on doing this mod in the winter , just have to decide on what I want to display on the ground

Awesome concept. Thanks for the heads up. Alas, word on the streets (norfolk area) is that cops are clamping down in the area on external lighting that isn't stock or standard amber/red. I wouldn't be surprised if they go after my front DRLs since they are not stock.

With that said I would consider doing something like this but having the lights shine on the floors of the car when parked and not occupied (car show mode). Cool idea for sure.

• Thanks for the pics, I will definitely check out those bubbles

soon.

• ......they are only good looking at night anyway but as with any lights (that are needed or for show) you can always put em on a on & off switch .......and if I got pulled over with your slingshot and had them on projecting down and they said something , I would just reply " Commissioner Gordon has summoned me, Gotham City needs me" and just wait for his facial expression b4 you hand over your license :/