Need to start a new thread on this topic because it's important for all slingers

• That figure is misleading....percentage wise motorcycle deaths are really high for the number of vehicles. Compared to the number of cars. They discuss that in the article. Even if you don’t die, you could still be severely permanently injured. I’m surprised by the amount of groin and pelvic injuries caused by the gas tanks...... yeouch.

Updated.......good news sir....you survived your motorcycle crash but your testicles are still on your gas tank.

• That figure is misleading....percentage wise motorcycle deaths are really high for the number of vehicles. Compared to the number of cars. They discuss that in the article. Even if you don’t die, you could still be severely permanently injured. I’m surprised by the amount of groin and pelvic injuries caused by the gas tanks...... yeouch.

you didnt answer my question - have you had your Pneumonia shots and do you get a yearly flu shot?

a hans device is less likely to save your life - every single time you go out in public near other people you risk exposure to these things - - far more often than you ride I would suspect

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• you didnt answer my question - have you had your Pneumonia shots and do you get a yearly flu shot?

a hans device is less likely to save your life - every single time you go out in public near other people you risk exposure to these things - - far more often than you ride I would suspect

I will never subject myself voluntarily to those shots.....look up agenda 21.....

• I will never subject myself voluntarily to those shots.....look up agenda 21.....

interesting, you trust the government, corporations & the media to tell you what you need for safety for one thing, but you dont trust those same sources when they tell you what you need for safety for another

seems illogical

as a side note I will never subject myself voluntarily to wearing a Hans device on a public road____look up dork

• Safety isn’t about a fashion show.

It’s about keeping you from getting hurt or killed.

A HANS device looks better than a halo screwed into your head.

My ex brother in law fell off a roof 30 feet and landed in wet concrete. Broke his neck wore a halo screwed in to his head for months. Looked like Frankenstein. But he’s perfectly fine now. Very lucky.

• And I have a really good friend who's daughter died of the flu - - - so whats your point?

• Choices. I do not wear a helmet when driving my slingshot, Choice. I do not feel it is needed.I do wear my seatbelt I don't move around as much when playing, Choice. I wear Good eye protection, Choice. I like to burnout, not good for the tire but its a Choice. I want to enjoy my ride and I choose to have fun. Everyone should be allowed to choose for themselves. I do not even think about the odds when I am in my sling. Don't really care. However when using a seatbelt & helmet is the HAN needed? Yes. Seatbelt or helmet your Choice.

• If you ever knew anyone with a traumatic brain injury that spent 2 years in a rehabilitation center to relearn how to do everything including chewing food and swallowing or a stroke victim you might change your mind.

My ex wife’s dad died in the 70s flu epidemic and her ex husband was killed on his motorcycle when a guy blew a red light. He wore no helmet and his head hit a metal telephone pole.

• I was on 2 wheels from the 60s until 3 years ago. i was hit by a car 3 times the last in 2006 on my way home from the VA. I was wearing a novelty helmet. first time a helmet of any type. broke arm, shattered wrist, road rash. I was playing sand volleyball once and broke my arm. I also am 100% DV and know a couple TBI vets. My wife, also a Vet, died last year from the effects of Desert Storm. I try to drive defensibly as it will save you most often. I was a volunteer firefighter/ Ambulance person for a few years. If you l live long enough you will see and hear of terrible things. I stand by Choice's. I said in an earlier post that when riding a dirt bike I was in full gear, also if at the track. Choices your's and mine. If you are comfortable in your choice good for you. I would like everyone to be able to choose for themselves.

• interesting, you trust the government, corporations & the media to tell you what you need for safety for one thing, but you dont trust those same sources when they tell you what you need for safety for another

seems illogical

as a side note I will never subject myself voluntarily to wearing a Hans device on a public road____look up dork

Don’t confuse the “government“ with safety organizations, Which just take government money and do not have the same agenda. Ralph Nader was trying to save lives. OSHA tries to save lives.

I was on the safety committee at work...statistically for every so many “incidents” (smashed finger, broken bone, cuts, falls, dirt in your eye) they know there will be a fatality. So every so many times someone is only injured in a motorcycle crash sooner or later there will be a fatality. The last guy just fell off and got hurt....it could be your turn to be the fatality.

Yesterday going down the 4 lane, truck in front of me stopped at the green light in the passing lane waiting to turn left. Two grandmas coming toward us.....she’s turning left to go to the “Y” or the VFW, same road, doesn’t see the pick up truck coming at her in front of me in the slow lane...she starts her turn....he jams on the brakes and she and he stop in time....but she is now sitting in the fast lane in front of the pickup waiting to turn. I slowed down and stopped to let her finish her turn.....the crash would have been her fault and probably a t bone.

I hate silver hairs....I’m fastly approaching the age where I won’t have to stop at stop signs or use turn signals and just drive like I’m nuts....that’s going to be fun.....can’t wait...but officer I’m almost in full blown Dementia.

• Q tips or grippers are a problem (in reference to your silver hair comment) but so are the young and invincible. I was recently in Phoenix, probably no different than any other city, and I was driving 75 in a 55 and people look at me like WTF dude... 85 seemed to be the minimum.... Speed kills regardless of safety device. The Dale story is well documented needs no comment from me. Should a, would a, could a, is always hind site and no one know if he would have lived or died with additional safety equipment. Maybe and ejection seat??? :)

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• I’m using a full face $250 bicycle light weight helmet designed for riding through the woods because of some neck issues.....the traditional motorcycle helmets were too heavy..the chin piece is removable...I ride with it. Again this is my personal choice.

I took the neighbor kid for a ride yesterday and put him in an old small official motorcycle helmet I have here. The weight different between those helmets is really noticeable. No wonder my neck used to hurt so bad. That was one of the reasons I stopped riding two wheelers..all that weight bouncing up and down on my neck was killing me.

My neck still hurts now (it’s always going to hurt) but not nearly as much as before...