Secure overnight parking in NYC for Slingshot?

• I would like to participate in a large Manhattan Slightshot ride next month, but would have to find secure overnight parking. If there is such a thing there? Anyone from NYC with any recommendations on what to do? I wouldn't trust just a general garage. There must be something with more security? Thanks :)

• This reminds me of an old joke :)

In New York, a guy walks into a bank. He tells the loan officer that he needs to borrow $5000 because he is going to Europe for a two week trip. The loan officer says the bank will need collateral for the loan so the guy hands him the keys and the title papers to his brand new Ferrari that is parked in the street in front of the bank.

Obviously, a $250,000 Ferrari is more than enough collateral so the loan officer gives him the $5000. The guy leaves and the loan officer drives the Ferrari into the bank's underground parking garage and parks it.

Over the next few days, the big joke among the bank employees is all about the foolish man that put up $250,000 collateral for a measly $5000 loan.

But, two weeks later, the guy returns from his trip and repays his loan. Plus $26.92 interest.

The loan officer says to the guy, "I want to thank you for your business, but I'm curious. While you were away, I checked and found out you are a multimillionaire. I don't understand why you bothered to borrow $5000 when you have so much money."

The guy replies, "Where else in New York can I park my Ferrari for $2.00/day and expect it to be there when I return?"

• I would like to participate in a large Manhattan Slightshot ride next month, but would have to find secure overnight parking. If there is such a thing there? Anyone from NYC with any recommendations on what to do? I wouldn't trust just a general garage. There must be something with more security? Thanks :)

I always 'flirt' with the girls at the front desk at the motel...put them in the Slingshot for a picture....almost always get to part under the canopy at the front door … camera always on and about as secure as you can get.

• Try calling Rising Wolf Garage in Manhattan .....They are an indoor motorcycle parking garage....I don't think they will park Slingshots but they might know who will...?...212-475-5858...

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• A hotel with Concierge parking should be your best bet, especially if you need a place to stay overnight. Twice now, my Wife and I have stayed at a Holiday Inn that allowed us to leave our vehicle parked in their covered parking area while we went on a cruise for a week or so. Works out for us since we get a place to stay the night before going to the port and we also get a decent place to leave our vehicle.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• I read a story about a guy going to a bank in NYC and asking for a $5000 loan for an upcoming cruise, offering his brand new Ferrarri as collateral. He took the money and went of the cruise. When he got back he paid off the loan including around $30 interest. People thought he was not smart using such an expensive vehicle as collateral, but he told them he couldn't find cheaper more secure parking for less than the $30 he paid in interest!

• I read a story about a guy going to a bank in NYC and asking for a $5000 loan for an upcoming cruise, offering his brand new Ferrarri as collateral. He took the money and went of the cruise. When he got back he paid off the loan including around $30 interest. People thought he was not smart using such an expensive vehicle as collateral, but he told them he couldn't find cheaper more secure parking for less than the $30 he paid in interest!

Deja Vu...............Post #4..........

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• Deja Vu...............Post #4..........

:/:SI knew I'd seen it somewhere. Guess I'm getting addled with age. Still, I'm embarrassed! We obviously need a face-palm emoji. (I actually checked and we do NOT have one available!)

To help make up for it, I'll post a story my Wife showed me from Facebook.

An elderly lady was out walking her dog when a young punk ran up to her, jerked her purse out of her hand and ran off with it. A couple across the street quickly came over to check on her and tell her they'd already called the police. The woman thanked them for their concern and told them it was an old purse and the only thing she used it for was to carry her dog's poo after she picked it up off the ground.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• We are going to NYC next month after the Poconos. We are trailering so staying in NYC is just about impossible. I went to a very illustrious X New Yorker - the world renowned fountain of knowledge Sir Bubblehead . He told me to go to Jersey - parking is easier and not far into the city.. wanna do a burnout in Time Square - it’s on my bucket list - Anybody know how much bail money I’m gonna need :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• We are going to NYC next month after the Poconos. We are trailering so staying in NYC is just about impossible. I went to a very illustrious X New Yorker - the world renowned fountain of knowledge Sir Bubblehead . He told me to go to Jersey - parking is easier and not far into the city.. wanna do a burnout in Time Square - it’s on my bucket list - Anybody know how much bail money I’m gonna need :00008172:

... Being that I'm retired from NYPD & I just rode thru Times Square Sat night in mines and I still know the climate in the city......be prepared to get locked up for doing a Burn Out .....fools throwing water on cops and they just walked away......after that backlash , you might get shot ....knowing them young idiots wearing that uniform now ! So beware......

• ..... As far as parking in the city , it's a coin flip with parking garages ....I'm sure some might take em and some wont......I've been turned away with my Harley catching a nighttime jazz cruise , was willing to pay $30 to park , he said no .....I left it on the sidewalk , it's a bike lol .....it was there when I returned ! If you can't find a spot for your sling , my driveway has room but I'm in Mt Vernon about 30 min north of the city ....N.j. is your best bet if you want a hotel and a spot for your car/slingshot