Seldomly seen Slingshots

• I've had my Sing for about 4 solid months now and I JUST saw another Sling on the road just a couple of weeks ago while I was heading up to Put In Bay, OH for the day on the island. I live 5 miles from a Polaris dealership and I've seen them in the parking lot, but I NEVER see them on the road up here in Ohio and mine is a daily driver, except in the rain. I see a lot of interest of people jumping in them inside the dealership, but I never see them on the road. I know from looking at the owners map, that I know everyone doesn't post on, that there are other SS owners in the area, but I'm just commenting on how I never see them on the road.

Be safe and God bless!

• There just aren't a lot of them around. My neighbor has one and we both drive them pretty often, but I still only see him out occasionally. There is another one close by that I've passed a few times, but unfortunately it has always been when I was in my truck instead of the SS. I drive as often as I can and answer all the questions to hopefully increase that number.

FB - North Alabama Polaris Slingshot Owners - (Huntsville)

• Tons of owners here in SATX yet I hardly ever see one on the road when not at a group gathering/planned ride. Still love the looks I get daily from the cagers and their offspring.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Thx for the feedback. Didn't know if it was just me here in the Midwest or if other owners noticed the same thing. I would imagine there would be more in warmer climate states than Ohio, but just didn't know hoe frequently owners casually noticed other SS's on the road. I plan to drive mine during cooler months as well as long as there is no snow or ice. So I won't be sure if I'm getting the "what the heck is that thing" stare OR the "he must have lost his mind" stare when the temperature drops into the 30's!!

I drove my Goldwing rain or shine and as low as 23 degrees with dry roads. With heated gear and a big windshield, it wasn't an issue. I figure with the SS having the taller windshield, a top and heated gear...... it should be even better!

Be safe and God bless!

• I've had my Sing for about 4 solid months now and I JUST saw another Sling on the road just a couple of weeks ago while I was heading up to Put In Bay, OH for the day on the island. I live 5 miles from a Polaris dealership and I've seen them in the parking lot, but I NEVER see them on the road up here in Ohio and mine is a daily driver, except in the rain. I see a lot of interest of people jumping in them inside the dealership, but I never see them on the road. I know from looking at the owners map, that I know everyone doesn't post on, that there are other SS owners in the area, but I'm just commenting on how I never see them on the road.

Hey SlangShot7 . I'm not that far from New Albany in Hebron and I'm out and about regularly. I was in Port Clinton last week and in the pony two weeks ago. Mines been on the road at least once every month ever since I bought it in 2016 so cold weather is doable when dry . If you want someone to ride with just give me a shout.

• Thx for the feedback. Didn't know if it was just me here in the Midwest or if other owners noticed the same thing. I would imagine there would be more in warmer climate states than Ohio, but just didn't know hoe frequently owners casually noticed other SS's on the road. I plan to drive mine during cooler months as well as long as there is no snow or ice. So I won't be sure if I'm getting the "what the heck is that thing" stare OR the "he must have lost his mind" stare when the temperature drops into the 30's!!

I drove my Goldwing rain or shine and as low as 23 degrees with dry roads. With heated gear and a big windshield, it wasn't an issue. I figure with the SS having the taller windshield, a top and heated gear...... it should be even better!

I still have my heated gear from riding my Harley in Alaska when we lived up there. The SS has a lot less wind so riding in colder temps isn't a problem at all. I drilled a small hole behind the drivers seat and wired right to the battery just like it was on the bike. My Alabama neighbors think I'm crazy, but none of them have the gear that I brought down here with me. You will gets lots of stares in cold weather, but if you were a cold weather biker riding in the SS won't be a challenge for you at all.

FB - North Alabama Polaris Slingshot Owners - (Huntsville)

• I hadn't thought about heated gear. I used to ride my BMW R1100RT year round in Massachusetts as long as the roads were dry. Got a LOT of stares from people including one State Trooper I passed on the interstate going waaaay to fast when it was 15 degrees out. She gave me a look that said "I don't get paid enough to pull over the clinically insane"

I'll have to get another set for this year. a good way to extend the Maine driving season.

• Over 16,000 miles I think I can count on two hands how many I’ve seen...

I just Looked at another site that was talking about the number of SS on the road and they started talking about vin numbers...

My 2015 last 5 numbers are.....00054.... so does that mean mine was the 54th slingshot made? If we go 6 numbers it’s.... 1000054...

• I hadn't thought about heated gear. I used to ride my BMW R100RT year round in Massachusetts as long as the roads were dry. Got a LOT of stares from people including one State Trooper I passed on the interstate going waaaay to fast when it was 15 degrees out. She gave me a look that said "I don't get paid enough to pull over the clinically insane"

I'll have to get another set for this year. a good way to extend the Maine driving season.

I live in Mass. Drove my sling through Dec 28 last year.

Used some heated seat covers plugged to the cig lighter.

Spring/Summer/Fall - drive it everyday if not raining.

• Imagine how many more you could have seen if you had the FASTER RED one

Rocket science weekly in conjunction with the University of Ohio, At the Sandusky campus did a wind tunnel test on paint colors...And they found that...

Red is Not a color its a layer of pigment [Red] that absorbs sunlight with causes a molecular level of drag resulting in a negative slowdown effect though ambient and non ambient air, Which will limit acceleration and consume more fuel ...Which in turn is contributing to climate change..

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• And, of course, you can't sell something you didn't buy. And yes Bigdog , it appears that you have Slingshot #54. My understanding is that the first 50 of any vehicle production run will increase in collector value over time. So close! ;)

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)