• Meh..still a Corvette. Never been my taste...

Gimme a Shelby anyday.. ;)

Well when I come over in my new vet I guess just me and Hodge will take it out for a spin since its not your taste 8o and just for your info I dont have the money for a vet but I can always dream. I really like the new look, could possibly even go without the sling for one of these =O but not to worry that wont happen.

• I've been dreaming about a 'vette for a while now. I might be able to come up with C6 money but keep drooling on the C7. While the C8 looks to be a fantastic bit of technology, I think the main appeal will be with the track/performance crowd and of course the status-seekers. Is anyone here going to fire-sale their C7 to jump on this early? If so, I'm your huckleberry!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I will probably never be in the market for a $60,000+ sports car, but if I were I would go with a Porsche. I would rather have a Porsche 718 Cayman or Boxster at this price - - - I have always preferred the Porsche approach to sports car design over that of Chevrolet

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I will probably never be in the market for a $60,000+ sports car, but if I were I would go with a Porsche. I would rather have a Porsche 718 Cayman or Boxster at this price - - - I have always preferred the Porsche approach to sports car design over that of Chevrolet

Except for the cost of the upkeep, unless it has gotten better than it was in the 70's. My sister had a friend in college, if I remember correctly that spent $1,500 every 6 months just to keep driving the Porsche on maintaince

• Except for the cost of the upkeep, unless it has gotten better than it was in the 70's. My sister had a friend in college, if I remember correctly that spent $1,500 every 6 months just to keep driving the Porsche on maintaince

in recent years Porsche has been rated very highly in reliability

• The scheduled maint. cost was the problem back in the 1970's

my sisters first husband had a 914 back in the 70's - - it sucked, got my first car in 1970 it was a 1964 Porsche 356C cost me $2,800 damn thing never broke and was very inexpensive to maintain basically a VW motor

when talking about todays Porsches probably neither of these experiences is even relevant not really reasonable to judge a car made in 2019 by what happened 50 years ago

• I had a 2000 Mercedes AMG - freakin maintenance costs were crazy. Shortly after warranty expired I traded it in - can’t imagine what repair costs would run.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Porsche recommends oil change every 20k miles or 2 years cost and $156 at my dealer or ~$60 done at home , the slingshot takes oil every 3k miles for normal people,so let say 6.5oil changes at my dealer price = ~520, home price ~260.

How are porsches expensive to maintain?

If you want to talk about expensive maintance talk Ferrari,Ducati, Maserati(those are just the ones i have first hand knowledge) , they require maintenance that can only be performed by the dealer otherwise your vehicle goes into limp mode and doesn't go pass 25MPH.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Wow, every 20k miles, I've seen some cars recommend every 10k (honda is one, or used to be), but wow.

Yeah man, personally I do it once a year cause like I said it just 60 to get it done, the only thing that tends to be troublesome for porches are water pumps but have not had to do one yet so don't know.

• Interesting that the brake fluid has to be done as well, are they a pain to bleed or anything?

To be honest have not done it, unlike the SS the fluid reservoir doesn't show any debris and brakes are as good as day 1, so I have opted to wait and just check them for now, probably will get it done at 40k(if I ever reach that with the very light use it gets).

• We bought a used 2006 Porsche Cayenne S at auction 10yrs ago after Elise was born. And while it did drive amazing... dealer/maintenance costs and poor fuel economy (premium fuel was $5 a gallon during that time), drove me to sell it.

That said... I’m all about the design of this Vette ~> LONG OVERDUE switching to mid-engine. Not sure I would spend the money on it however. My next car will be ‘68 SS rebuild.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• We bought a used 2006 Porsche Cayenne S at auction 10yrs ago after Elise was born. And while it did drive amazing... dealer/maintenance costs and poor fuel economy (premium fuel was $5 a gallon during that time), drove me to sell it.

That said... I’m all about the design of this Vette ~> LONG OVERDUE switching to mid-engine. Not sure I would spend the money on it however. My next car will be ‘68 SS rebuild.

Calculating minds are calculating. IF I floated a geezer loan on the house I could just about afford to buy one. But, I think Miss N would insist that the Sling go away. 😩

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter