Friendly rants

• Just me picking at kev here, I had to learn about one of his new products by someone linking me to his facebook!!! WTH dude, you don't give us first views at here, your home, where we talk about your products a lot and let's face it, the family!

https://www.facebook.com/group…ermalink/419925012067662/

• You talking about the doors and fillers? - - I saw that on facebook this morning

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I'm going to play devil's advocate here even though you posted this as a friendly rant. While I am sure kev will post the new product here, the reality is in this forum, for the most part, there is a list of usual suspects that chime in regularly on posts. With Kev being a smaller vendor with not a lot of help, I would almost guarantee that FB generates more traffic and sales to his website. Unfortunately, we cannot get every member from FB over here. Maybe that is a good thing and maybe not. I suspect that a lot of people are not familiar with forums so they're "scared" to come over. Which is unfortunate because there is a wealth of good knowledge on here and the DIY section is one of the best I've seen. This is honestly the first forum I have ever been really active in. I much prefer being active over here than FB but there is no doubt a larger new owner market over there which is highly beneficial for Kev or for any vendor for that matter. I post in both, I try to post here first and then FB because posting in 20 different groups there takes a lot of time and I like it over here better and there is less people making comments like "Why not just buy a car?" like Br4hm4 joked about. One thing I definitely do though is group buys on products in this forum only. I offered a group buy once in FB and it was a shit show with people wanting to haggle pricing and I decided to not offer it there anymore. There is more of a family atmosphere here which I like. With that said, I wouldn't take it personally or give him too hard of a time about it. I've seen Kev put in a lot of blood sweat and tears into this niche market behind the scenes and bend over backwards for people. He's a good dude......even if he is Canadian. :POKESS:wacky-squared

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• I would be all over this, but at the cost of $2k unpainted I have a hard time justifying it.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• I would be all over this, but at the cost of $2k unpainted I have a hard time justifying it.

No where on his listing does it say it's for a single door, it's plural everywhere, so I would assume it's for a pair.

Besides, your slingshot would look kinda silly with only 1 door on it :) even more so since you only have ONE rear wheel. I can make that joke pretty soon, not just yet :)

• I'm going to play devil's advocate here even though you posted this as a friendly rant. While I am sure kev will post the new product here, the reality is in this forum, for the most part, there is a list of usual suspects that chime in regularly on posts. With Kev being a smaller vendor with not a lot of help, I would almost guarantee that FB generates more traffic and sales to his website. Unfortunately, we cannot get every member from FB over here. Maybe that is a good thing and maybe not. I suspect that a lot of people are not familiar with forums so they're "scared" to come over. Which is unfortunate because there is a wealth of good knowledge on here and the DIY section is one of the best I've seen. This is honestly the first forum I have ever been really active in. I much prefer being active over here than FB but there is no doubt a larger new owner market over there which is highly beneficial for Kev or for any vendor for that matter. I post in both, I try to post here first and then FB because posting in 20 different groups there takes a lot of time and I like it over here better and there is less people making comments like "Why not just buy a car?" like Br4hm4 joked about. One thing I definitely do though is group buys on products in this forum only. I offered a group buy once in FB and it was a shit show with people wanting to haggle pricing and I decided to not offer it there anymore. There is more of a family atmosphere here which I like. With that said, I wouldn't take it personally or give him too hard of a time about it. I've seen Kev put in a lot of blood sweat and tears into this niche market behind the scenes and bend over backwards for people. He's a good dude......even if he is Canadian. :POKESS:wacky-squared

Thanks for your insight Kyle, and that's why I called it a friendly rant, I know we aren't Kev's large market, but he should be posting here first, getting our input, etc :)

I want to be treated special and see things before he goes to market with them, that applies to you too!

I do look forward to the new products from you guys, and want an easy way to see the new ones that get taken to market.

• Sorry guys .I was saving this new product for a saturday post when I get more time.

I guess I sometimes take the forum for a bit of advantage knowing its is such a better venue in that posts are stored and can always be searched. FB amd instagram are a live only thing post today and its gone tomorrow, so I have been busy sending some sneak previews out there for more posting saturday. It really is a time consuming thing as you have to post on over twenty different sites , then monitor all for the shit show bad mouthing you get from you tube type prepuberescent type postings lol.

So yes i have taken the forum for advantage thinking I can wait till the weekend traffic where it can be discussed on a professional , realistic conversation type basis. Fb can be such a pain but the reality is the large percentage of my sales by far comes from new posters over there. does that mean I won't be posting here. absolutely not. just need the time to get around to it .

I have been so excited about a really big deal I'm working on right now and I promise you I will be announcing it here first , hopefully saturday if it comes to fruition yet this week. The forum will always be first in my mind as I come here to post because I enjoy my time here verses fb where it so much more like work and a royal pain

sometimes.

Consequently when Im working ridiculous hours a day I don't. take the time out to enjoy when I should and try to concentrate on those big jobs that have to be done , when they have to, as they aren't open to just as effectively posting at a latter date.

Sorry I will get the lambo style doors and gap fillers posted here now but I am sooooo excited about a bigger deal coming. Will keep you all posted.

• Ok, more of a frustrated rant, but I can’t find anyone to do an exhaust for me. 4 shops now and they either don’t want to try and do the bends or don’t have a person to do it within a month or two. Last place had a mandrel bender, but only the owner can run it and he doesn’t have time. Wanted me to leave it for 2 months, plus he said that he needs to put it on his 2 post lift and doesn’t think he can. He had a lift that we drove it up on.

So, back to calling around to try and find someone to take my money.

• Ok, more of a frustrated rant, but I can’t find anyone to do an exhaust for me. 4 shops now and they either don’t want to try and do the bends or don’t have a person to do it within a month or two. Last place had a mandrel bender, but only the owner can run it and he doesn’t have time. Wanted me to leave it for 2 months, plus he said that he needs to put it on his 2 post lift and doesn’t think he can. He had a lift that we drove it up on.

Find some small shop that will appreciate your business. Like in a small town.

This is the biggest issue I have in town. I know I need a new exhuast... have some heavy rattling from the muffler. But it's irritating that no one in town will do it or they want me to leave it with them for a long time.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

Check and see if there are any local race shops

They will love your sling and racers are always helpfull

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!