Hood won't unlatch

• Does anyone know how to unlatch the hood that won't unlatch when I press down on the release latch. Also what could have caused this since I have never had an issue before. TIA||

Ok so who is next. Haters are gonna hate regardless

• You can also stick your finger where the red arrow is where the hood hinges are and pull on the cables to release the latch. And then adjust the cable so there is very little slack and that should prevent that from happening again.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• You can also put an extension through the hinge as shown behind the latch and leverage it towards the front of the vehicle to release them. You can see the latch in Kyle D 's photo to the right of his arrow behind the hinge. This is driver's side.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Well I got the hood open and had to adjust the release wires but the gnats and the heat got the better pert of me so I quit for today. Those latches are a pain in the ass to adjust

• This thread is killing my inner juvenile self..... dalancroft has found that it is a two handed job,@ kyle d says to just stick your finger in it, and SlingLow says to use an extension instead of your finger.... Yall keep this up and we are going to have to move it to the NSFW section:)

FB - North Alabama Polaris Slingshot Owners - (Huntsville)

• If all the latches are releasing properly it should not take two people to open the hood.

Getting them adjusted is a pain. Someone messed with mine and had the wires in the wrong holes on a few of the latches.

You can hear if you have a lagger when you unlock them. One snap is what you need to hear.

You also need to check if the catches are going down into the latches deep enough to fully latch.

Some place buried in these threads is a good video that explains the procedure. I’ve searched I can’t find it.

• You want to make the latch adjustments and get them set with the hood open. You can lock the latches by pushing the black finger closed. Red arrow..

Yellow circles are the adjustment nuts to shorten it lengthen the cables to make them open together.

Depending on which side of the SS you’re on.....one cable goes to the main release lever and the other cable goes to the rear latch.

Make sure your cable ends are in the correct holes beside number 3.

• So how do you know when the cables are adjusted correctly. Do you adjust the cable towards the rear first or the one for the front. Cause I tried the front first but the the rear doesn't unlatch. Any tips would be appreciated or is this adjustment a trial and error deal?

• So how do you know when the cables are adjusted correctly. Do you adjust the cable towards the rear first or the one for the front. Cause I tried the front first but the the rear doesn't unlatch. Any tips would be appreciated or is this adjustment a trial and error deal?

You want to just take out all of the slack. The wire doesn't need to be high wire tight. It just needs to not have slack. Take the slack out of all 4 cables and you should be back in business. I found with mine the cables going to the latches near the windshield typically need more adjustment than the fronts. Don't over think it. Loosen the nuts, back the threaded rod out a bit to remove the slack, and tighten the nuts back up.

I'll be filling in for Tripod for the rest of the week. laugh-squared

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• I am by no means an expert or even play one on tv but I watched mniron adjust a few sets. Do the adjustments with the hood open and get the latches to unlatch as one when you push the lever. Also the front latches should latch first then the back ones. The way he set mine if you latch the rear first then fronts it will unlatch the rears. He messed with them for a few mins till he had them making one click when unlatched.

• do the fronts first get them to snap together. Then do the backs. Grease them up too. Latches and catches. If needed the latches have up and down and side to side adjustments. So you can center the catches in the latch. The fingers need to completely circle the catch.

• I got three latches to lock and release. The one by the passenger side right in front of the window will not lock. If I lock it manually it works and releases with pushing down on the wire, but when I close down the hood that latch doesn't lock at all. HELPPPPPPPPPPPP

• I got three latches to lock and release. The one by the passenger side right in front of the window will not lock. If I lock it manually it works and releases with pushing down on the wire, but when I close down the hood that latch doesn't lock at all. HELPPPPPPPPPPPP

That has been an issue with mine ever since I took delivery last summer. @minon buttons keep it from flapping. Phil and I worked on it for quite a while at Maggie last summer. No joy.

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter