Sundre Slingfest 2019 - Who's going?

• More from Sundre:

Yesterday's lunch. Sharing the parking lot with 4 legged transportation.

Last night we trekked out to an old air strip for an evening of 1/8 mile drag racing. We had it almost to ourselves (4 cages and us). We got official time slips for each run with reaction time, 60 foot, terminal speed and elapsed time. I figured it was my 1st time on a strip since 1978 or 1979. It was an absolute blast!

Today's poker run just interrupted by a thunder storm.

3 wise men, sitting on a tree.

Monkey see...

Monkey do...

SlingLow out!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• As always a great but under appreciated event. Mark and Shawna put their hearts and souls into organizing this, it is a shame that so few Canadians attend. The dates are out for next year, so mark your calendars and plan on attending. Pass the word on to others, in fact with the outstanding support from Riverside Motosports, attendees don't even need a Slingshot as they are available for test driving throughout the event!

• so who won the drags? Times? Speeds?

SlingLow  Slingshot Garage ?

That would be our very own Doug Neal took top honors. Oh crap are we allowed to use real names lol. SlingLow layed a smack down on the bunch guy has some skills. I ran a bunch of times just for fun then parked and watched them go. Was fun watching them Duke it out. Doug was really fast off the line had excellent reaction time better than anyone I'm pretty sure. Even came from behind to win once. Everyone got individual time slips so of course they kept them I didnt get a list of all the times lol. He can tell ya or post a pic of his winning slip. Speeds were in between 65 and 70ish mph tho.

Was a bunch of fun for sure and the times just kept getting faster and faster.

Dates are already set for next year hope you can make it.

:thumbsup:

• As always a great but under appreciated event. Mark and Shawna put their hearts and souls into organizing this, it is a shame that so few Canadians attend. The dates are out for next year, so mark your calendars and plan on attending. Pass the word on to others, in fact with the outstanding support from Riverside Motosports, attendees don't even need a Slingshot as they are available for test driving throughout the event!

What he said! What JamesB didn't say was that his Sling was voted best in show by the attending dealer. Congrats man, and I'm looking forward to next year. Rock On!

• Well, I rolled back to the home front yesterday from my week-long journey to Sundre. 885 miles up, 888 miles back, 581 miles running around for a total of 2,354 for the trip. Sara rode with me the first day on the way home before jumping on a plane in Spokane, WA and decided that with the upgrade to the Velocity Sport seats she can do some traveling in the Sling. Thanks again forum members! We had an awesome time all week and are impressed with the effort Mark, Shawna and the 15 volunteers that make up the pit crew put into this event. It was executed flawlessly and everyone stays entertained while there. There was nothing but smiles on faces for the entire weekend. If you can get this on your calendar for July 2020 you will support the friendliest folks you'll ever meet and will not be disappointed! Let's go USA!!!

Now what you really want to hear about is the drags. There was one turbo and 6 N/A Slings that ran. The fastest time was by Slingshot Garage and his turbo at 9.75. He had a heck of a time launching that thing with the turbo but got it under control quickly and made some killer passes. The fastest N/A time was my 9.776. You can see on the slip that Javarow had me at the 60 ft. and was faster than me at the finish line at 70.58 mph (I think it was mph and not kph - Slingshot Garage can you confirm?), so I must have beat him in 2nd gear. The differential of .029 seconds was less than a length, and our other race was decided by .014. Less than 2 100ths of a second! Jim was all smiles and is determined to come back next year with a little something more to put me in my place. My brand new General G-Max rear tire was the X factor I believe and I was able to keep the spinning to a minimum. There were several 9.8s and 9.9s and a few low 10s. There was one gal, Holly, that ran the dealer demo unit. And ran it. And ran it. I didn't go heads-up against her but the reports were that she was laughing from start to finish and she couldn't wait to line up again after each race. The crew that ran the show volunteered their time, were very professional and made it all about us having fun. Thank you a million times over Didsbury Car Club! I felt like I was 18 years old again and I'm still reliving the experience.

Here's a little recognition from Slingshot Garage for my travels. KayTwo got this last year with a number about 3 times what mine was. Next year this could be you. Come on out and play!

Edited once, last by SlingLow ().

• Doug/ SlingLow. It was a blast I had such a great time at the track and the weekend was outstanding , Mark and Shawna and the pit crew did a great job for all of us and the sponsors were great a big shout out to them! Next year for sure already working on it and have my new 1320 header and 1320 performance Quad tip centre exit system ready to install on my SS this next week :thumbsup:;). And thanks for the tip on the tire type , I will be sure I look at the tire as mine is a little wore out ^^ .

• And thanks for the tip on the tire type , I will be sure I look at the tire as mine is a little wore out

Yessir, that Tsunami Crapsu is an awesome tire. You should get 4 of them. 8o I have a little something up my sleeve too. So far I'm not sure what it is but it's up there. Maybe shave my body hair. Maybe a new engine...

And some better shocks.

• Doug/ SlingLow. It was a blast I had such a great time at the track and the weekend was outstanding , Mark and Shawna and the pit crew did a great job for all of us and the sponsors were great a big shout out to them! Next year for sure already working on it and have my new 1320 header and 1320 performance Quad tip centre exit system ready to install on my SS this next week :thumbsup:;). And thanks for the tip on the tire type , I will be sure I look at the tire as mine is a little wore out ^^ .

Javarow I've been planning on doing the MEFI Bob or ZZP tune and am curious if, with no other changes, that will make a difference in times. I'm pretty sure you don't have a tune on your ECU correct? From our times, I'm pretty sure that with the cat delete exhaust, header and new rear tire you will have an edge.

• Date is in my calendar !

Javarow I've been planning on doing the MEFI Bob or ZZP tune and am curious if, with no other changes, that will make a difference in times. I'm pretty sure you don't have a tune on your ECU correct? From our times, I'm pretty sure that with the cat delete exhaust, header and new rear tire you will have an edge.

No ECU tune at this point but thats the plan for sure. Relocated my plate and light last night to accommodate the new pipes and hope to get your Mods on this weekend and install the new exhaust :thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Yessir, that Tsunami Crapsu is an awesome tire. You should get 4 of them. 8o I have a little something up my sleeve too. So far I'm not sure what it is but it's up there. Maybe shave my body hair. Maybe a new engine...

And some better shocks.

:D:D:D

• Ok all I can say is WOW the 1320 header and 1320 exhaust and quad pipes installed and has it made a hugh difference in the power at the rear wheel !!!!! One more think to do!??

SlingLow I think I have a chance now to make up the time difference !!!!!!! Voom Voom !!

Looking forward to next year

• Ok all I can say is WOW the 1320 header and 1320 exhaust and quad pipes installed and has it made a hugh difference in the power at the rear wheel !!!!! One more think to do!??

SlingLow I think I have a chance now to make up the time difference !!!!!!! Voom Voom !!

Are you sure it doesn't just sound faster? Yep, dump the Kenda.

Some of the intersections in Sundre are pretty inconsequential. Others, well...