Sundre Slingfest 2019 - Who's going?

• It's rapidly approaching and I'm not hearing any buzz so who is planning on attending Slingfest in Sundre, Alberta this year? It runs from Thursday July 25th through Sunday July 28th and promises to be the best one ever! Post up here if you plan to attend, are looking for riding companions on your way in or out, or just have a comment to make about those crazy Canadians! Come one, come all - it's going to be EPIC!

It looks something like this:

THE 3RD ANNUAL SUNDRE SLINGFEST!

We're doing it again - bigger, better and BADDER than ever before!

Roll into the park on Thursday for a meet n' greet with fellow slingers from all over America. Bring your slingshot parts for trade or sell at our Slingshot swap meet around the bonfire.

Friday morning - enjoy Coffee & donuts, compliments of Tim Hortons. Enjoy some group rides with fellow slingers and an early supper on the patio of the Twisted Pantry. Hold onto your boots as we cruise out to the Bikes & Bulls for exclusive access to our own official drag race. Wind out your slingshot and get as many passes down the strip as you can for an incredible rate of $30!

Saturday - Poker Run Day! Tour through Sundre & the surrounding glorious rockies while filling up your cards. Want to increase your chances? Extra cards available for purchase! Return to Sundre for an amazing awards dinner sponsored by Riverside Motosports and prepared by your dedicated Slingshot Garage Pit Crew. THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS in prizes to be won! One last chance at trading or selling your extra slingshot accessories for other cool stuff!

Sunday - Tim Hortons is back for the morning! Enjoy a relaxing cruise with all your new best friends before our amazing farewell lunch provided by the amazing chef at Original T's.

FAQ'S....

What do I get for my registration fee?

For starters, you get to hang and ride with the best darn group of folks you will ever meet. Also included, a discounted rate at Wagons West RV Park for camping, a super swag bag, a hugely discounted night at the drag races, an amazing awards dinner, a free poker rally card, raffle tickets to incredible prizes and priceless memories.

What if I don't own a slingshot, can I still come?

This is the perfect place for you to come and get a taste of the 3-wheeled lifestyle and the amazing people in it. Bring the wheels you got and jump in for a ride with many of our willing participants. Got your Class 6? Take a slingshot for a test drive during any of the four days of the event.

Can I particpate in the poker rally, drag race or meals if I'm not in a slingshot?

The poker rally & drag race are exclusively for slingshot owners. Everyone is welcome to the meals for a charge.

What if I just want to drag race?

You must register below and will be charged $50 at the gate for entry. We hope you'll decide to continue on with us for the weekend - you won't be sorry!

HUGE THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS!

Town of Sundre

Rainycreek Powersports

Riverside Motorsports

Harvey Adams

Didsbury Car Club

Airdrie Oilmens Association

Original T's

Maria's Dental Hygiene

Twisted Pantry

and many more to be listed - stay tuned!

Share this event on Facebook and Twitter.

We hope you can make it!

Cheers, The Slingshot Garage

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Sounds like a great meet. Especially swap meet. Take me about two weeks to get there. Have to do some serious planning for.next year. 😉

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah just a few days and some great miles - last year KayTwo left SC in the rain to pick me up in Wisconsin then off to MN to pick up exharleyrider then to the Badlands, Custer, Needles, Mt Rushmore, Cody, Bear Tooth Pass, and then picked up @Slinglow' and hit Glacier National Park before crossing the border to get to Calgary and pick up Sarah from the airport and then a quick ride to Sundre for one of the BEST Slingshot rally's in North America

Some of my best days in the Slingshot with great friends were on the way to SlingFest. Wish I could get the time away from the office to do it again

• Thanks for posting Doug I can use all the help I can get. Planning pretty much been sucking up all my time. Gonna have to try rectuit some people to help me out for next year. Just a ton of work for just 2 of us. Not sure how to proceed there. I have a few ideas but will have to wait until after the event.

Much love brothers 👍👍👍

• Thanks for posting Doug I can use all the help I can get. Planning pretty much been sucking up all my time. Gonna have to try rectuit some people to help me out for next year. Just a ton of work for just 2 of us. Not sure how to proceed there. I have a few ideas but will have to wait until after the event.

Much love brothers 👍👍👍

We'll talk! I'm bringing some items for the raffle as well.

Just a ton of work for just 2 of us.

Is that a metric ton??? I don't know if that's more or less...

• One of the local slingshot owners hydroplaned and crashed last night. Got the text at 3am. Kinda sucked the life outa me a bit. Sling is totalled and thier busted up pretty good. They'll recover looks like so thank God for that.

• You have no idea how much I want to go this year. But.. the family made other plans for me.

Next year I'm blocking out a 4 week period so there's no conflicts. Riding to Sundre is like riding to Sturgis. It's the best!

• You have no idea how much I want to go this year. But.. the family made other plans for me.

Next year I'm blocking out a 4 week period so there's no conflicts. Riding to Sundre is like riding to Sturgis. It's the best!

I'm going to miss your company. It looks like a solo ride up for me, then will pick Sara up at the Calgary airport. Where did you end up stopping for the night on your way up last year? Who is going to win half the prizes in the raffle this year?:00000436:

• I'm going to miss your company. It looks like a solo ride up for me, then will pick Sara up at the Calgary airport. Where did you end up stopping for the night on your way up last year? Who is going to win half the prizes in the raffle this year?:00000436:

I stopped in Skookumchuck, but Radium Hot Springs would have been a better choice (There's food and gas). It's also where you break off to Hwy 93. I missed that turn and added a 100 miles my trip. The gas station doesn't open until 7am so you should fuel up when you roll in.

It's your turn to win this year. :)

• Here's my Facebook post in regards to drag racing on Friday.

Ok here's some more info on drag racing. It all started last year we wanted to do Drag racing at Slingfest and found the Didsbury car club did that sort of thing. Only thing was they do an event the same weekend as Slingfest so it was a no go. Thier event is Saturday and Sunday but they set up on Friday night. So I approached Dana Munn club president about the Slingshots racing on Friday night. And he made it happen. The members of the car club will be volunteering thier Friday night to help out as well. Here's what we get. 1/8 mile Drag racing. You get a time slip with your 60 foot time 1/8 mile time and overall speed. They will be doing BHT track prep as well so it's nice and sticky. Ball is in our court now just gotta get people and thier Slingshots to turn up. Pretty excited this should be really cool. Special thanks to Dana and the Didsbury car club for believing in us and going to bat for us. Also a special thank you to the Airdrie Oilmen's Association and the Bikes and Bulls event for allowing us to do it as well. You guys are awesome thank you so much!!