Brake Failure Light

• Had the switches replaced yesterday and all is working. Hood would not open so dealer adjusted it. Got home and saw I could stick my hand thru the fender and the front cowl. Really pissed I did not check it before leaving dealer. Took it back this morning and they adjusted it and it looks better then when I bought it and the hood actually opens now. Dealer said the hoods are a real pain in the ass. His theory is the back posts that go into the latches are not wide enough and when you pull the hood forward they catch the latch. I said "tell polaris" he said "polaris won't admit it is an issue because then they acknowledge it's a problem". Happy for now, going for a ride.

• Just noticed you said 13 months, 23k miles. I am 12 months, 18k miles, though down a month for the angle drive. I am a bad ass rider. That makes you more bad ass than me. Hmm. Got a month to catch up. Maybe I should visit you, twice. That might do it.

• I had an intermittent brake failure light lately and didn't realize until riding with everyone in blairsville that when the light was in in the instrument cluster I had no brake lights..... did the diy Napa switch today and all is good hopefully for the next 19k miles

• I had an intermittent brake failure light lately and didn't realize until riding with everyone in blairsville that when the light was in in the instrument cluster I had no brake lights..... did the diy Napa switch today and all is good hopefully for the next 19k miles

I've been waiting for replacement brake sensors for the last month+ and keep having to restart my Slingshot after a hard stop to reset the BF light. IIRC, my rear brake lights still operate correctly when the BF light is on. I'll try to remember to check during tonight's ride, just in case. Checked my rear brake lights after the BF light came on and the brake lights are indeed operating properly, even after the BF light activates.

Edited once, last by BKL: Updated post. ().

• Just noticed you said 13 months, 23k miles. I am 12 months, 18k miles, though down a month for the angle drive. I am a bad ass rider. That makes you more bad ass than me. Hmm. Got a month to catch up. Maybe I should visit you, twice. That might do it.

Mine has been down almost 2 months of non-driving time due to traveling w/o the Slingshot and while I had it apart for painting. There are a couple of Slingshot owners who have put a much larger amount of miles on theirs, but I don't remember the timeframes.

• Got the word that my dealer is ordering the brake " censors " so I know its the 2 on the master cylinder. I will let u know if it fixes the problem. With all ten info here, I am sure that's the fix. Warranty for sure= free :thumbsup:

• last week had the two sensors replaced under warrenty, been out and about over the last 10 days......no more brake failure lights. I did assist the tech in getting it back together which is always good to see how things go together. Didn't realize how cheap the intake manifold is. All is good so far.

• Well I have started to get the brake failure light a few times. I took a turn like I normally do and forgot that the traction control goes off. Drifted through the turn. Talk about butt pucker

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• THREAD RESURRECTION!

So 2 weeks ago had the latest round of recalls done, brakes have been excellent!
    Since then the battery has died and now I'm getting the Brake Failure Light, switches on order..

What goes next?? Everything was working so good for 3 months!

• My brakes are weak also. Went through brake light deal. Dealer put in new censors seemed to cure now, this is a brand new 2016. Now the cruise kicks it self so much you can't use it. Anyone else have this problem

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Info