Still nothing like it!

• I took my sling out for its first ride in about a month. My hip has been giving me trouble getting in and out of it so I haven’t been riding it at all. Also been real busy with work. My point is man I love the slingshot I got it out of my buddy’s garage and took it about 100 miles and smiled every mile! Sometimes I forget how great this little machine is!

• Had an interesting brief encounter today.

Just exited the turnpike and get into the fast lane at the red light. While doing so there was a white convertible corvette in the slow lane traffic....I ended up being about three vehicles ahead of him.

He must have seen me coming behind him in the mirror. As I passed him he just about broke his neck straining to get his head and upper body over the the window sill. The look on his face was like “ WTF is that thing...” totally captivated ....probably thinking my car doesn’t look so cool now..

I always love passing hot cars....the looks I get say everything.

• Here's one...I pulled up to an intersection heading south waiting at a red. Car going west to east starts to make a u-turn and as he is in the middle of the u-turn sees me in front of him and is clearly focused on the sling and slows down his u-turn meanwhile oncoming traffic towards his way starts blowing the horn and has to slow down while this guy gets his mind focused back on the road and speeds up the u-turn...True story. To say this thing turns heads would be an understatement.

I had some genuinely nice comments from the 20-something car mod crowds at stoplights. There they are driving around their heavily modded civics and other small cars and they flash me a big smile and thumbs up. Very classy.

• I took my sling out for its first ride in about a month. My hip has been giving me trouble getting in and out of it so I haven’t been riding it at all. Also been real busy with work. My point is man I love the slingshot I got it out of my buddy’s garage and took it about 100 miles and smiled every mile! Sometimes I forget how great this little machine is!

My sling is driving me nuts! Not only can I not stop driving it every day but I can't stop modding it with new pretty things. Not to mention my gas bill is through the roof!

• That's odd BIGDOG. I kinda took you for a BOXER type of guy

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I think the mods are half the fun, it's so easy to do most mods, the ease of access to most of the areas and simplicity of the setup makes it fun and mostly easy.

Yeah changing out the headlights to LEDs was super easy. The problem is I am going to town with the not so easy pricey mods :) I have Cragar muscle wheels inbound (bigger rear wheel with 305 rear tire) and custom batmobile-inspired vinyl striping later this month. Later in the year I am getting a dual exhaust installed and SLR race seats. Another sling buddy who helped me order the wheels says he can't wait to see the final look. He wants me to hide my baby until a big gathering in August to impress the local sling group.

• Here's one...I pulled up to an intersection heading south waiting at a red. Car going west to east starts to make a u-turn and as he is in the middle of the u-turn sees me in front of him and is clearly focused on the sling and slows down his u-turn meanwhile oncoming traffic towards his way starts blowing the horn and has to slow down while this guy gets his mind focused back on the road and speeds up the u-turn...True story. To say this thing turns heads would be an understatement.

I had some genuinely nice comments from the 20-something car mod crowds at stoplights. There they are driving around their heavily modded civics and other small cars and they flash me a big smile and thumbs up. Very classy.

I try not to look to the left or right when I'm next to other cars because everyone is interested or looking at the Sling. I don't like a lot of attention......I know, I bought the wrong vehicle for that! I just keep my dark shades on, look straight ahead and smile and enjoy the Sling, unless they wave their hand at me or something and then I'll engage in conversation.

My thing is when driving on the main roads, city streets, etc (not the highway) I tend to look at the faces of the drivers heading towards me. The front of the Sling looks menacing! It especially draws extra attention with the led halo rings because people have no idea what the heck it is coming towards them with 2 to 6 halo rings lit up.

The Slingshot is fairly old now for being out for about 3 years or so. Most people know what they are, but in most cases have never seen one up close and sitting next to them at a stop light or parked next to them at the store, etc. We own a cool looking machine and I'm loving every minute of it. Enjoy!

Be safe and God bless!

• I try not to look to the left or right when I'm next to other cars because everyone is interested or looking at the Sling. I don't like a lot of attention......I know, I bought the wrong vehicle for that! I just keep my dark shades on, look straight ahead and smile and enjoy the Sling, unless they wave their hand at me or something and then I'll engage in conversation.

My thing is when driving on the main roads, city streets, etc (not the highway) I tend to look at the faces of the drivers heading towards me. The front of the Sling looks menacing! It especially draws extra attention with the led halo rings because people have no idea what the heck it is coming towards them with 2 to 6 halo rings lit up.

The Slingshot is fairly old now for being out for about 3 years or so. Most people know what they are, but in most cases have never seen one up close and sitting next to them at a stop light or parked next to them at the store, etc. We own a cool looking machine and I'm loving every minute of it. Enjoy!

That is pretty much exactly what I do....the scary part is half the people coming at me don’t see me because they are looking down at their phone...

I try to keep a low profile... (YEAH RIGHT) ....I wear mirrored goggles and a full helmet so I look mysterious. The slingshot looks mysterious too. Nobody can tell what I’m looking at.

I’m always passing someone with their phone up to the window. They saw me coming behind them and turned on the video camera so they could capture me passing them. They are acting inconspicuous, but I know what they’re doing. I don’t mind, when you’re hot you’re hot.

I always try to be a good ambassador for bikers but the slingshot especially. I offer rides, let them take pictures...sitting in it.

I’m beginning to think MOD FEVER is a real ailment.

• The best are the soccer moms in the SUVs at the stoplight who after letting you know you have a cool car, want to take pictures to show their kids that they saw a "batmobile" on the road. The best was when I was at a strip mall parking lot once talking to someone and seeing a mom slow down to a stop then seeing 3 little heads poke up and peek from the back of the SUV, priceless.

• The best are the soccer moms in the SUVs at the stoplight who after letting you know you have a cool car, want to take pictures to show their kids that they saw a "batmobile" on the road. The best was when I was at a strip mall parking lot once talking to someone and seeing a mom slow down to a stop then seeing 3 little heads poke up and peek from the back of the SUV, priceless.

I invite the moms and kids to get in for pictures.... Tell mom to send picture to 'other half' every morning with a note "my birthday" is coming...

• I was riding through a wildlife refuge one day when a pickup approached me in the oncoming lane. The guy driving it slowed down to gawk when his pre-teen daughter came bouncing out of her seat, across dad, and stuck her head out the driver's window and shouted, 'That is the coolest thing EVER!' A few days later I came out of a grocery store parking lot and a sixty-something year-old guy stuck his head out his driver's window and in almost the exact same tone said, That is the coolest thing EVER!' Made me smile.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• My favorite was one day when my wife and I were running errands around town. A very proper looking southern lady around my mom's age (mid 70s) driving one of those luxury import sedans stops beside us at a red light, rolls down her window, turns her head, and very matter of factly says "that is bitchin", rolls up her window and without another word made a right turn and drove off.... We were laughing so hard I missed the light turning green.

FB - North Alabama Polaris Slingshot Owners - (Huntsville)

• My favorite was one day when my wife and I were running errands around town. A very proper looking southern lady around my mom's age (mid 70s) driving one of those luxury import sedans stops beside us at a red light, rolls down her window, turns her head, and very matter of factly says "that is bitchin", rolls up her window and without another word made a right turn and drove off.... We were laughing so hard I missed the light turning green.

Hilarious! I was expecting, 'Have you got any Grey Poupon?'

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Today I’m heading toward two mid teen girls....one sees me coming and she’s jumping up and down smiling and yelling “look Megan, Megan look...”.

At the red light I'm in the slow lane. Boy and girl in moms VW something or other in the fast lane.....the light changes and he floors it.....he beat me in race we didn’t have....moms going to be pissed when she finds out he’s beating her car like that...

Later, A guy on a harley was behind me ....I’m first to get into the left turning lane at the red light. He didn’t want to acknowledge me....embarrassed, jealous, hate....whatever he pulled up in the fast lane....but way in front of me so he didn’t have to look at me...

• Today I’m heading toward two mid teen girls....one sees me coming and she’s jumping up and down smiling and yelling “look Megan, Megan look...”.

At the red light I'm in the slow lane. Boy and girl in moms VW something or other in the fast lane.....the light changes and he floors it.....he beat me in race we didn’t have....moms going to be pissed when she finds out he’s beating her car like that...

Later, A guy on a harley was behind me ....I’m first to get into the left turning lane at the red light. He didn’t want to acknowledge me....embarrassed, jealous, hate....whatever he pulled up in the fast lane....but way in front of me so he didn’t have to look at me...

Maybe he didn't think you were cute. :)