2017 Rear Wheel Noise with video

• Was yours a creaking sound that happened every tire rotation? That seems to be what's happening when I'm driving for a distance anytime it's in the mid to upper 90s. It used to only do it when I was in gear and there was tension on the belt, then last week it would creak when I was coasting out of gear.

Belt is getting too tight as it warms up excessively and is over-stressing the pulley bearings. Need to take to the shop and have the belt tension reset. Fixed my problem 100%.

• I don't want to say that Polaris is wrong but that 0.4 " deflection makes no sense unless they are taking it hot.

Even the 0.63" that the original manual had was too tight and made belts make too much noise and is likely what caused many bearings failure, I run mine at 0.8/0.9" (cold) and to this day no issues with noises other than the crappy angle drive itself.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I don't want to say that Polaris is wrong but that 0.4 " deflection makes no sense unless they are taking it hot.

Even the 0.63" that the original manual had was too tight and made belts make too much noise and is likely what caused many bearings failure, I run mine at 0.8/0.9" (cold) and to this day no issues with noises other than the crappy angle drive itself.

I currently have mine at .5 I was surprised to see they have tightened the belt tension over the past couple of years. In theory nothing should have changed so why are they using a tighter spec. Remember, the latest service manual I have that is labeled for 2015-2019 models states that brand new belts are coming out of the factory at 0.3 inch deflection and once the belt is worn-in and an adjustment is needed the tension should be set to .4 inches.

I would love to ask the engineers what changed to make the official spec go from .63 to .4

• I think the manufacturer of the belts might have something to do with it...

So have the belts on the original slingshots remained the same to date? Same materials, same maker?

I first thought the same thing but remember my manual says "2015-2019" with a single value of .4" for the tension check and a mention of .3" for brand new belts that have not been worn-in yet. If polaris changed the belt brands or engineered something different in the following years I would think the manual would have different values for the different model years.

• From a reliable inside source, a polaris service manager . lift the rear up remove the bolt from the shock

to unload the rear pulley,grab the wheel and pulley it should not rock or make noise if it does you have a bearing problem. tested mine 16k miles bad bearings